Agnostic.com

4 0

Should the US export vaccines now ? why/not ?

The U.S. Is Sitting on Tens of Millions of Vaccine Doses the World Needs

[msn.com]

[nytimes.com]

FearlessFly 9 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Biden says after we all get vaccinated he will share the leftover vaccines with the rest of the world.

Not yet. Wait until we have a surplus. I'm still waiting for mine.

300,000,000 million Americans still need to be vaccinated.

BD66 Level 8 Mar 13, 2021

The coronavirus vaccine developed by AstraZeneca and the University of Oxford has now been suspended in a number of countries across Europe and Asia, following reports of blood clots in some vaccinated people.

[cnbc.com]

Europe's drug regulator, the European Medicines Agency, stressed on Thursday that there was no indication the shot was causing blood clots, adding it believes the vaccine's benefits "continue to outweigh its risks."

@barjoe "There have been a total of four reported cases in Europe of people getting vaccinated with a specific batch of AstraZeneca's shot and then developing blood clots afterwards, according to the EMA. The batch of 1 million doses had been sent to 17 EU countries, including Denmark."

[businessinsider.com]

@FearlessFly What is the frequency of blood clots in a random sample of 1million people who hadn't taken the vaccine?

@barjoe . . . no idea, but wouldn't any person in charge of getting as many folks taking this jab want to eliminate any/all excuse(s) for NOT getting vaccinated ? At this point that seems not-so-easy to do, IMO.

@FearlessFly Those bloodclots were not described as fatal and causation is not proven from AZOx vaccine. World Deaths/million from Covid are in the shaded area US deaths/million are in the white. Proven statistics, not anecdotal like from EMA. World deaths 100x more than supposed simple clots. USA deaths 400x more than these supposed clots. Even if these stats are legit, risk to reward is high.

@FearlessFly [newscientist.com]

@barjoe I have not claimed jab-caused-clot/death (and I find no evidence that anyone has).
I have not seen link(s) that conclusively ruled-it-out.

I get my 2nd Moderna jab 3/26.
I'm not the only one concerned about less-than-wonderful outcome(s). 😛

@FearlessFly Can you see a cause and effect of not getting the shot and death from Sars-2Cov? I can.

@barjoe . . . perhaps you did not notice (or just being argumentative ? )

a) I'm getting vaccinated
b) That doesn't completely eliminate potential (or actual) short/long-term less-than-wonderful outcome(s). 😛

@FearlessFly I agree but spreading panic over an issue that may not even be valid is harmful. I'm not being argumentative, the fact that you are fortunate enough to get the vaccine is a good thing. There are too many people who because of misinformation, won't get the vaccine. That is a very bad thing. I will continue to be "argumentative" when it comes to false panic that threatens herd immunity on this planet.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:582049
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.