Agnostic.com

5 1

LINK Biden’s tough-guy flexing at ‘soulless killer’ Putin would be funny if the consequences weren’t so serious — RT Op-ed

Worst superhero ever

"It does not matter that the DNI assessment serves as a slap in the face to every free-thinking American, carrying the connotation that the average citizen is easily swayed by the opinions of outsiders. The notion that the Russian government, acting directly or via proxy, could be more skilled in manipulating US voter opinions than the armies of seasoned political operatives who spend hundreds of millions of dollars in pursuit of a similar outcome is not only laughable, but deeply insulting. Again, what is important here are not the facts attached to this claim, but rather the perception-based narrative being painted by President Biden. On January 26 of this year, Biden made his initial phone call to Vladimir Putin. According to a White House statement released afterwards, “President Biden made clear that the United States will act firmly in defense of its national interests in response to actions by Russia that harm us or our allies,” noting that among the specific issues raised by Biden was the issue of 2020 election interference by Russia.

In his interview with Stephanopoulos, Biden raised the findings of the DNI report, and his conversation with Putin. “He will pay a price. We had a long talk, he and I. I know him relatively well and the conversation started off [like this]: I said, ‘I know you and you know me. If I establish this occurred, then be prepared.’”

Biden does not know Putin well at all. If he did, he would know that the last thing that would give the Russian leader pause were the fanciful tough-guy posturing of a geriatric president. There is little doubt that the Biden administration will impose additional sanctions against Russia in the days and weeks to come, citing the report as justification. There is also little doubt that these sanctions will have no impact whatsoever on the policies and practices of the Russian government. But that is not the point. Biden is not flexing for the benefit of Putin. His audience is the American people, and part and parcel of a coordinated campaign designed to drive home his mantra that “America is back.”

The fact that Biden’s posturing is all fluff and no substance is beside the point. His words and visage will be disseminated across the width and breadth of the American media establishment, helping cement as fact yet another chapter in the ongoing work of fiction that defines the US’ newest superhero, Joe Biden. This would be comical if the potential consequences of Biden’s actions were not so serious. In a world where Russian and American nuclear weapons are but one push of a button away from ending life as we know it, perhaps playing the tough guy is not the best look."

WilliamCharles 8 Mar 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wgy the fuck are you posting russian propaganda dude? Are you a russian troll? [mediabiasfactcheck.com]

RT -- Putins' mouthpiece :

[mediabiasfactcheck.com]

NYT and Wapo - the mouthpiece of the CIA & MIC.

Chris Hedges has integrity. That's why he's gone from the NYT.

@WilliamCharles (I think/assume) Hedges chose to do so. I doubt any RT author/article could choose to oppose Putin -- it certainly hasn't worked for Navalny. 😛

@FearlessFly - the reason he chose to do do was there was a price the pay for challenging the war machine. Same reason Donahue got the boot from MSNBC.

Re: Navalny

[stephenlendman.org]

@WilliamCharles NO evidence provided by/for this one persons' OPINION/illusion(s).

This may indeed have been the dumbest thing I've read this week.

Scott Ritter was the analyst that was smeared for revealing that the Iraq WMD accusations were lies. It seems you're fine with dumb lies that get scores of innocent people slaughtered.

@WilliamCharles cool story

Yu sound like another Russian asset.

Him and 74 million others.

He will pay a price he says. Must be like the US is paying the price by having immigrants from South America on their doorstep because they have been meddling one way or another in the politics of South American countries, either by violence or money.

Sadly accurate, Jolanta. The war machine chugs along regardless of who has the reins.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:582827
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.