Agnostic.com

4 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remember that time. It disturbed me as a kid, the thought of men in a tube, in the dark, sinking to the bottom of the ocean with no help available.

Sorry, but it is called "Crush Depth" for a reason.....a very quick death!

@AnneWimsey ahhh yes, that's one of your areas if expertise

@BitFlipper she is pretty smart

Well, so far, no actual info as to cause in this article, just background info

Speculation that faulty welding caused water leakage that shorted out the electrical system.

@Mooolah,trust me, faulty welding at crush depth would NOT "cause a leak". It would lead to catastrophic failure to the shell. And the air cylinders that blow the tanks that give positive bouyancy do not rely on electricity, never have.

@AnneWimsey & it was in 6 pieces which also suggest catastrophic crush failure. It certainly couldn't explode. It had to have imploded. Instant death. Examination by Deep Sea Diving Subs would reveal more. Titanic sucks all the finance out of the place.

. . . original source :

[popularmechanics.com]

Wow! A lot of sailors died.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:582866
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.