Agnostic.com

20 2

What's the most awkward situation you've been in?

Mea 7 Apr 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Coming home from a night of partying and pissing my pants before I could unlock the door. Thankfully I had someone at my side.

I was once party to another couples open relationship. They started out as a regular couple but they started having marital issues and figured they could solve them by opening up their relationship to others. Before I got involved I was already good friends with both of them and it was a little awkward at first when her husband asked me if I would be interested in being a part of their new relationship endevour. It didn't take too long before things went sour between them and I suddenly found myself in the middle of it. It was weird. Really, really weird. But long story short, I'm still friends with both of them and I'm glad that part of our lives is in the past.

One time a band camp...

ebdb Level 7 Apr 16, 2018

Was there a flute involved?

I don't want to talk about it.

Well.... here's one. I had to get out and pee in gridlock traffic jam that lasted waaay too long on I-75 with a baby woodchuck in tow on its way to wildlife rehab. My only consolation is I'm not the only one who had to break down & relieve themselves.
There was a guy with Canadian plates in front of us who emerged wearing a baby shirt with the same predicament.

Humbling moment. But I can say I peed on I-75 in broad daylight.

Sort of tragically awkward, but my friends and I were joking during the morning announcements in High School right as they had a moment of silence for the death of a former student... Whose brother was in our class... And a particularly funny joke had been said... And I laughed in the quietest room I've ever been in, and the awkwardness made me nervously laugh even more...

He and I are cool now, but one of the most awkward moments of my life.

At my age hard to single out one. 🙂

Well there was that time 3 out of my 4 boyfriends showed up in the bar I worked in at the same time.

When my older brother gave me a wedgie!!!

My entire life is one big 43-year-long awkward moment. I never say the right thing, act the right way, even dress the right way. Never have. Probably never will. Sheer social ineptitude.

i find everyday situations to be awkward, like when you walk past someone on the street, are you supposed to look at them? look away from them? aknowledge them in some way? i just don't know! but i would say off the top of my head the most awkward situation ive been in was when i got caught trying to put back the neighbors undies on their cloths line...my doggo has a thing for undies and managed to escape one day. i caught up to her behind the neighbors building. she was jumping up pulling all the undies and boxers down. i had brought her leash for when i caught up to her, so i leashed her to a tree and went about picking up and rehanging these unmentionables of this new neighbor who had moved in. i was almost done, i was just reaching up to hang the last pair when an elderly woman stepped outside and apon seeing me, yelled back in the door "bob! call the police! someone is stealing our under garments!" it was awkward for sure! but once i explained what was going on they ended up being really sweet folks. we remained friends even after i moved away until they eventually passed away.

Byrd Level 7 Apr 15, 2018

@Stevil lmao

Being caught in coitus with a Gf by her mother..then same situation with my Mom..different girl though..lol

I was just arriving to see my daughter perform at her pre-school Christmas pageant. I was walking down the sidewalk entering the school and the chainlink fence snagged my sleeve and ripped my dress in half. Right down the middle! Lol!

Oh, no!

My mother was there looking at me in horror and threw her sweater on me. I gathered my dress (and my dignity) and clutched it together in front and proceeded on my way...

Prison in Syria

Picture the scene, my friend and I at secondary school (about 14 years old) decided to have lunch at his house. When we get there there's no one home and the doors locked so we can't get in. He tells me that the downstairs toilet window is boarded up because the glass broke some time before. So he goes about breaking the board in so that I can gain entry via the window. I crawl through and let him in the front door. That's when he tells me that it's not his house! I freak out and make a run for it but he blocks me and tells me he's joking. So we make lunch. When we finish we hear a key in the kitchen door, he then freaks out and tells me it's his mother and little sister but he's not supposed to be home and bolts out of the kitchen to the front of the house. The door's opening and there's no time for me to run. The only thing I can do is duck down behind the kitchen island. The mum and little sister come in and start unpacking the shopping, I know I'm gonna get cought. So I do the only thing I can, I stand up and say "Hello". So there's a mother, in her own kitchen, with her young daughter, shocked and staring at a stranger in her house. You've seen it in the movies when they freeze frame just when the shit's about to get wild? That's exactly how I remember it. Luckily I found my voice and blurted out how I'm with her son and he's in the house somewhere, that's when he came back in, crying with laughter!

My friend with benefits and I were enjoying the afterglow, when there was a knock on the door. It was her sister looking for her. And I was dressed, or rather undressed, for the previous activity. She just kind of pushed her way in and got a good look at my backside as I went to get her sister. Then I put my bathrobe on and sat on my bed while they argued. Two sisters and me - a fantasy come true. Not! It was then, overhearing them, that I learned my friend with benefits was reconciling with her ex-husband. After the sister left, my friend's ex called. She got her stuff and left hurriedly. I never spoke to or saw her ever again.

When your ex walks in on your and the new girlfriend =)

Now that you bring it up what if it kept happening ... maybe it was her way of watching O.o

Two months ago after long conversations I made the decision to fly to the opposite coast to meet a member here. After a long flight I get off the plane and head towards baggage claim to meet my friend. A stranger who looked nothing like the pics on his profile motioned to me. I told him that I wasn't attracted to him and debated what to do. I ended up trying to get to know him for 3 weeks. There was just no chemistry there.

I guess you needed to Skype or FaceTime before traveling across the country.

Life.

My best man brought an ex-girlfriend to my wedding.

JimG Level 8 Apr 15, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:58318
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.