Agnostic.com

7 6

LINK An Estimated 25,000 People Gathered in Bangladesh to Pray Away COVID-19 | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

If we’re not supposed to gather in groups larger than 10, I’m fairly certain groups of 25,000 are out of the question.

And yet that’s one estimate for how many people got together in Bangladesh on Wednesday to pray “healing verses” from the Qur’an in order to defeat COVID-19. (A lower estimate was placed at 10,000.)

snytiger6 9 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wonder, do they have a time line on this?

Can’t fix stupid.

Maybe, you repost this in the silly random category of the site.

I considered it, but rationalized that it involved Covid and spreading the pandemic and that from that view ti was neither silly or fun.

I'm sure that will work to the same degree that a large group of Christians met and prayed for the the end of a drought in Texas about ten years ago.

Eventually it did rain and the drought was gone, but that end did not come for a long time.

I wish them luck!

BD66 Level 8 Mar 21, 2021

Dont encourage believe in bs over statistical happenings.

@Beowulfsfriend I'm not encouraging them, but I won't be able to stop them either. 🙂

This should have worked, right? The higher number of people is like binding sticks together. A big bundle is harder to break than a smaller amount. Now just believe it and we are done.

Faithfools doing stupid crap. If covid only infected the stupid then the world would be a better place.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:583694
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.