Agnostic.com

6 4

LINK Opinion | Boulder: Is it Time to End the Second Amendment?

This is an in depth account of the history of the 2nd Amendment & the reasons for repealing it. As I am blocked from the Gun Lovers Group I will post this in General for all of America to see.

Mooolah 8 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

More of America will see your post here.

It is simple enough each person expressing a desire to purchase a gun should be given a simple multiple choice test on an ipad

QUESTION 1
Do you wish to own a fire arm and wish to keep it in you own home?

Answer ... no
(good for you here is the address of a local shooting club)

Answer ... Yes
(I have called the police, you fucking dangerous maniac)

@altschmerz that's how it works in the UK

I find it interesting that ammosexuals paint themselves as the victims, we're not repealing anything. Bombs, cannons and machine guns have been illegal for generations. You can't yell fire in a crowded theater and you shouldn't own weapons specifically for the purpose of murdering innocent humans. The militia argument is specious, if you are part of a legitimate paramilitary, the group should have an armory and be held responsible for it's members. We don't give actual military unrestricted access either.

Those are your interpretations. Mine differ.

Btw, I can yell “Fire!” in a crowded theater, ...if it’s on fire. Dump the cliches.

You will fail. Do something else with your time.

Though I'd support repealing the 2nd Amendment I don't see that happening anytime in the next few decades. I'd be glad just for some strict gun laws and limits on number of guns and amount of ammunition a person can own. Even that much will be an uphill battle against the people who love guns more than life itself and the gun manufacturers and gun lobby.

Easier said than done.

True, but at least it's finally being said. It's a start.

@LovinLarge I'm not giving up my Browning 9mm.

@barjoe Then you can only imagine how empowering it is to have no need for a gun. I fear nothing.

@LovinLarge I need mine. I caught a man who broke into my house while I was home. That was the only time I ever brandished on another human being. I would have shot him too. Glad I didn't have to.

@barjoe I won't pretend to understand how frightening that must have been, although it probably would have been less so for me as I am not attached to my possessions. I don't begrudge the attachment Americans have to their guns, I only ask them to weigh the right to bear arms against the right to life.

@LovinLarge If I had come home and my house were burgled, I would've felt violated, but having that crackhead in my house. The cops got here real quick when I told 911 dispatch I was holding him at gunpoint. I'll never forget it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:584515
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.