Agnostic.com

26 2

Movies or Books that end with a Mind F...? (Blow your mind endings).

What Movies/Stories have a twist at the end (no spoilers!) Just what stories have you heard that have totally blown your mind.

Obvious examples:
Sixth Sense
Fight Club
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Then there is the most mind boggling to me: Predestination

silvereyes 8 Nov 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not a book or a movie but I used to love to watch "The Twilight Zone" many episodes of which had great plot twists and blow your mind endings. My favorite episode with a surprise ending is probably "To Serve Man."

I remember that one.

I have a few favorites, but topping my list are "Time Enough at Last," "The Obsolete Man," and "It's a Good Life."

This comment is just to push me over the line to level 5 ;-p

Congrats 🙂

Congratulations! It's a long slog to 6 but keep at it!

Philip Pullman, His Dark Materials trilogy

Megan Whalen Turner, The Queen of Attolia
(this is the 2nd book of Turner's series that has been unofficially dubbed, The Queen's Thief. The first book, The Thief, is great, but The Queen of Attolia is even better, complete with mind-blowing ending)

my favorite mind-bending movies are interstellar, contact, arrival, Mr. Nobody and cloud atlas I think.

I do love Interstellar and Mr. Nobody too

Pet Cemetary

How about "Never Let Me Go"?

Based on Ishiguro's dystopia sci-fi with the same title

@silvereyes, btw, love your new photo. You can claim silver hair too 😛

“In the Realm of the Senses”
written and directed by Nagisa Oshima.

A sexual and psychological nogginthumpt film.

"The Fifth Head of Cerberus" by Gene Wolfe is three novellas and, while not exactly a twist ending, I'd say the entire story is a giant mind fuck.

@silvereyes: I really like it. The first novella is the most traditional of the three, but probably the most thought provoking as well. The second novella is difficult to read. I can't explain why without giving away part of the plot, but you'll see what I mean. The third novella rounds out the story, but isn't really a conclusion in ant traditional sense. If you like to think, and I know you do, you'll enjoy it.

cloud atlas was an all around mind fuk

I think I saw this movie recently too but I forgot th story. Will look up and remind myself 😛

@mantra I had to watch it like 6 times to make sense of it

Most recently, Get Out, and The Others. Will think of more later.

Eternal Sunshine is one of my favorite movies 🙂

interstellar for sure

not sure I understand what you men by how slow. Its not action packed, its more intellectual and interesting.

I don't think I would call it slow.

If you watch it, let me know what you thought.
I'm curious.

The Butterfly Effect messed with my head a bit.

Contagion. The end was the beginning with a simple habit many of us fail to complete regularly.
I also liked V for Vendetta and The Happening; plants are the best!

Gone Girl is a mind blower.

SamL Level 7 Dec 1, 2017

The ending was really just scary - nothing more frightening than a psychopath.

UPDATE: Just watched Donnie Darko.. Hell of a plot twist.

Mindwalk
[imdb.com]

The Others
[imdb.com]

The Village
[imdb.com]

I like Tell Me Your Dreans by Sydney Sheldon.

Predestination is hawt.

Meet mr. Black.
Death falls in love, girl gets brad pit in the end.

The chase
The guy gives up and falls through the glass . He come to and every pne congratulating him.

Oh no! I'm sorry...lol.

One of my favorites. Excellent flick.

Prestige

The Fourth Kind. Got me into Sumerian history - a trip that is still going.

Issa Level 5 Jan 16, 2018

It is a real brain twister.

the long kiss goodnight has an amazing twist to it

dusk till dawn mind fucks you right in the middle

There is one many years ago for which I can't remember the title. Young man's father dies and in his father's stuff is this name and address(?don't remember). He realizes an attraction for this woman whom he meets through having this information, and spends a lot of time with her. When information comes to her as to why he is seeing her, she immediately breaks off contact. The surprise comes at the end when he sees a home movie his father took and all the pieces come together. You see his father's infidelity had been discovered by his mother and the father had promised to break off contact with his mistress. Anyone out there that can tell me the title, please do. I want to have that one in my "library".

[imdb.com]

But a fiction movie that blew my mind...
[imdb.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5847
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.