Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK Documents Show Amazon Is Aware Drivers Pee in Bottles

I keep seeing YouTube ads with Amazon employees "pooh-poohing" the notion they pee in bottles.

WilliamCharles 8 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Treating employees like animals, or worse, like machines...

It was pointed out in another piece I read that their robotic warehouses are air conditioned to keep the bots from breaking down. However, there's been instances of human workers collapsing in their unairconditioned warehouses.

@WilliamCharles Ah, the good old days I had working for no benefits as a perma-temp employee of a sweatshop company here in Iowa. They had no air conditioning on the plant floor for the non-office employees, but they did have it in the offices. Such an open, obvious class system there. Also, the plant floor area was barely heated in the winter. They had no machines out there precious or new enough to protect. And yet the guy who owned the company was worth 78 mil.. I always fantasized about killing him.

And to boot, he was a huge donor to the state Repub Party and did lots of business with the state selling them land for government buildings and projects. He also openly hired undoc aliens so he could get away with the lowest wages possible for low skill employees. But, of course, he was so politically connected that ICE never raided the place even tho it was an open secret there were illegal aliens working there.

@WilliamCharles It is a disgrace that OHSA regs have nothing in them about requiring adequate heating and air conditioning in workplaces, much less good ventilation. In America, the only way you are ensured to get them at work is if you have a strong union that can demand decent treatment on that.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:584780
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.