Agnostic.com

6 14

LINK Christian School Drops “Crusader” Mascot After Finally Realizing What It Means | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

When Campus Crusade for Christ is ahead of the curve by a decade on anything, you know you’ve really dropped the ball.

In 2011, the infamous Christian organization changed its name to “Cru” because “crusade” had come to represent religious violence. (Why they shortened the word instead of just getting rid of it is still bizarre to me.) That came a decade after Wheaton College in Illinois changed its mascot from “Crusader” to “Thunder.” Just last month, Valparaiso University got rid of the word as well.

snytiger6 9 Mar 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Took them some time. Now people just need to educate themselves about confederation too.

About time

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 28, 2021

The Crusaders were so bad it is why Muslims are still so pissed off.

Pagans should be but none of them were actually left alive.

Just people rediscovering earth centric woo about the mid 20th century.

i mean duh, all of the crusades failed? lol

Google "Children's Crusades" if you enjoy being depressed....

The "Peking Chinks" was the name of the sports team from Pekin, Il. White guilt. Hell yeah!
[en.wikipedia.org]

Being that the correct spelling would be "Crew", I'm left to assume either that they are blatant ignoramuses about spelling, or that they knowingly kept the similar spelling because deep down they don't really care that the Crusades were associated with violence for their cause.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:585424
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.