Agnostic.com

4 6

LINK Pastor: Lawmakers Making Churches Obey COVID Rules Are “Non-Essential” to God! | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Pastor Greg Fairrington of Destiny Church in Rocklin, California has never taken the pandemic seriously. He blamed church closures on “liberal crazies and Satan” instead of COVID. Multiple churchgoers allegedly tested positive for COVID. He celebrated that outbreak by saying “the favor of God is on this house!”

On Easter, completely misunderstanding the meaning of the term “non-essential,” Fairrington suggested the government would soon use the term pejoratively to describe Christians if their churches obeyed COVID rules.

snytiger6 9 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And Jesus told believers to give unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's. Wasn't that recognition of civil authority, and an admonition to obey their civil authority?

Here we have another jackass willing to kill people off - members of his own congregation as well as anyone his congregants may infect - just to assert that he and what he has to screech (er, preach) to others is more important than anyone's health or their life. Never mind that he could administer to his members individually or by using technology. No, he has to have them gather and risk a deadly infection to prove to him their faith. It's arrogant and self serving.

Fuck him. It's churches and religion that are non-essential.

I bet they fear that closing their churches will only prove it to their contributing members. If they go, there goes the Pastors' livelihood as well.

@RussRAB I fail to see that as a bad thing.

@KKGator - me too.

I wonder which they think is most important. Anybody know?

@Paul_Clamberer Oh, I'm sure it's the money.

@KKGator Oh! Of course, silly me ;-}

Liberal crazies and Satan?

What intelligence huh? Or lack thereof? Sounds like he’s getting his cues from that whore in Georgia Marjorie Taylor.

Faithfools don't want to wear mask, then don't make them. They get covid and go meet their god.

Yea then they won’t need to wait for the second cuming!!

Oh! The disappointment! When one catches a deadly disease because of one's blind faith, and dies only to discover their God never existed.

@RussRAB We don't know if their god is real.

@xenoview - Ultimately, you are correct. However, I believe we find enough contradictions concerning who and what the Christian God is that its existence is seriously doubtful. The contradictions are found within the Bible as well in common understandings amoung believers. No basic consesus exists among all Christians, and Christians have fought and killed each other over whose interpretation is correct since the religion's inception.

@xenoview CAN ANYONE PROVE Conclusively, Empirically and completely Irrefutably that ANY God/Gods/Goddesses imagined by humans were /are REAL?
I can and will state categorically that , given my knowledge gained from studying for a ThD, I AM at LEAST 99.9999% certain that NO Supreme Entity/God, etc, HAS EVER existed in Reality but ONLY in the minds of Human Beings.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:588579
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.