Agnostic.com

8 10

My new definition of stupidity is individuals who find extraordinarily Simple Solutions to extraordinary complex problems. I suppose this is the reason why I have such difficulty with the far-right.

Kojaksmom 8 Apr 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Phrygians were without a king, but an oracle at Telmissus (the ancient capital of Lycia) decreed that the next man to enter the city driving an ox-cart should become their king.

And sometimes solutions to problems are Occam's Razor-like, while the problems themselves are either nonexistent or are made to appear inordinately complex by those who would benefit from the status quo.

Oceans razor is the "the rule of thumb" right?

@Kojaksmom Not exactly. Generally speaking, Occam's Razor is the philosophical or scientific rule that articulates that the simplest of competing theories or solutions be preferred to the more complex. The equation E=mc2 is a prime example of Occam's Razor in practice.

Solutions are often simple. Arriving at them and being able to enact them are often complex but the solution, itself, is simple. The solution to racism is love, if that's the problem you're referring to, Love is a very hard thing to define, let alone live by, but the best one I've seen is "A fundamental understanding that all life is connected," (William Reardon).

If self-driving cars were the standard people movers then many of these police shootings would automatically cease. Rather simple. Eh?

Self-driving cars would also effectively eliminate DUI's and the loss of life and property associated with driving while intoxicated.

True, Really all problems are created by the stupid selfish human animal. Sexism& racism are just two examples. Culture can be a toxic thing.

@Kojaksmom Indeed! Culture is a choice, not a birthright.

Hey, welcome back ! 🙂

Just when you thought it was safe around here🤣🤣

The significant difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its' limits. 🙂

It is definitely they're only way to approach anything.

Makes sense to me, although I wouldn't go so far as to say it's the solution.

Most do

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 13, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:589184
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.