Agnostic.com

4 2

I think something has to be done with Gun laws. Back ground checks, "red line" laws and things like that seem reasonable. Perhaps runaway murder and violence is a by-product of living in America. After "citizens" voted in that crook Trump, I sure wouldn't want to be unarmed against right-wing zealots like proud boys and other Maga nuts.

RedondoMike 4 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Every gun owner should be required to have liability insurance. Once insurance and NRA is mixed together you will see a whole load of industry regulation.

I am not anti-gun per se. I grew up hunting and was quite proficient with the M-1 rifle when I was in the Army. But, I do believe that all weapons designed primarily to kill people, pistols, assault rifles, short-barreled rifles and shotguns, etc. should be banned and that open-carry should be outlawed except for special circumstances.. The 2nd Amendment does not say that a person has the right to own any weapon. One is not allowed to bus tanks, mortars, machine guns, hand grenades, artillery pieces etc now. I consider the NRA to be the most evil and greedy organization in the USA.

@floWteiuQ Even if we banned private ownership of seapons designed to kill people, , some would be procured illegally. But, the culture of guns, the availability of them to use or illegal action, in times of anger or emotional inestability, and for suicide would be greatly diminished. That is worth doing.

@floWteiuQ Your other error is this: The drug spread is largely due to the chemistry of physical addition. NO such addition to guns exists@!

If they can do it in Australia, we can do it here.

What's needed is what other more reasonable countries have done, restrict gun ownership. Let hunter's have their non-semiautomatic guns, police should only have guns when going into a situation that makes their need likely. Then we will have knife crime which is an improvement to guns.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:589844
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.