Agnostic.com

10 8

LINK North Dakota Passes Law Allowing the Ten Commandments to Go Up in Public Schools | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

They pushed it through a legal loophole that allows it if it is a part of a larger (historical) display ala a supreme court ruling. Supposedly if it is a part of a larger display, it isn't a religious endorsement... even though everybody knows it actually is.

snytiger6 9 Apr 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wonder which version of the decalogue they plan to authorize.

The 10 Commandments has no more reason to be in public schools than it does in or on courthouse walls.

Separation of church and state!!!!!!

Fucking Bible belt politics

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 18, 2021

As absurd as this action is, N. Dakota is FAR from the Bible belt.

@Alienbeing The mentality, or lack of it, is the same.

@barjoe Nah, the bible Belt has many other odd practices that are limited to the Belt. First among them is a remaining Rebel mind set.

@Alienbeing Bob was talking about mindset and The Bible.

If I had to live in North Dakota I would probably find religion too! 🙂

Good thing my school district didn't do that when I was in high school. Really hard to clean tobacco spit off those I bet

The old man getting "no respect" and pulling out his dick to wave around.

I'm not worried.
The FFRF will be taking this to court, and winning.

I’m not surprised. Again, more signs of desperation from faithquacks. Just don’t attempt to tell me I have to say it. You know where that will get you.

This should be unconstitutional and they know it. They want to have it thrown out and taken to SCOTUS.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:590301
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.