Agnostic.com

2 6

Excellent philosophy video for atheists and agnostics

I really find this to be a/the bridge. Spinoza was brilliant. Certainly worth 20 minutes if you haven't already.

JeffMesser 8 Apr 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have no issue with Spinoza’s amorphous definition of God. However I do take issue with his notion that religion is necessary to explain fictions and to enforce obedience. We already have the state for that.

Religion attempts to enforce the conformity of thought through threats and intimidation. And whether or not the mind is convinced, religion demands the outward display of ritual and practice. Religion is a nesting ground for hypocrites!

We are indeed fortunate that it is unnatural for human beings to be obedient, to anyone! The attitude of disobedience and non-conformity is at the heart of our greatest advancements and achievements. Religion is an impediment, a roadblock to progress and individual freedoms, and belongs in the graveyard of history.

how about you running in 2024 against biden and trump?

First of the video mentions Richard Dawkins comments about Spinoza's God. And, video discusses Spinoza's influence from law of Moses. If I recall correctly from my previous small amount of research into Spinoza, he was Jewish and studied the OLD Jewish tradition writings which the biblical old testiment is supposed to contain some of them.

The "God" of Spinoza is basically the same as the old testiment Jewish traditions with the Richard Dawkins "Meme" organism that passed through and grew and evolved thru the culture of the old testiment people.

The new testiment is purporting that the Richard Dawkins meme organism of the old testiment culture because a person, Jesus character.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the logos, the logos was with God and was God. John 1:14 ... the logos become flesh.(a person) Jesus character.

If you research to understand a Richard Dawkins meme mind virus organism that has been suggest to be an organism unto itself as it goes thru, mutates and evolves thru a culture, then view biblical text old testiment time line to understand Jesus character is the mind virus organism that develops thru the old testiment people according to their culture and things spoken and purported to become the acculturation of a person in the new testiment.

Word Level 8 Apr 18, 2021
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:590303
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.