Agnostic.com

8 16

LINK Elton John Calls Out The Blatant Hypocrisy Of The Catholic Church

This is nothing new. It goes for all religion.

barjoe 9 Apr 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hypocrites indeed! Walk around Rome for a few days, not just Vatican City, but the entire town, and you will be amazed at how much gilded treasure there is in those 900 churches--the decadence is nothing short of astounding! And then consider that this is just one city! Think of all the offerings and indulgences collected from the guilt-ridden impoverished people over the ages--people who were taught from childhood that their souls depended on their sacrifices to the church! This is the crime of Catholic church, this profligate beggar that turned the devious swindle of soul-exchange into an art form!

The Holy Roman Catholic Church, the one I grew up with. Nobody puts on a show like they do: elaborate costumes, expensive props, fabulous structures, rampant pedophilia with lies and bullshit to spare,and an endless flow of money into a $30B Vatican bank account.

It's an incredibly successful combination of theater and religion. You'd think Elton would at least appreciate that aspect of it. On the other hand there is the gay thing.

It's the hypocrisy of a bunch of gay priests refusing to acknowledge marriage equality. Whatever you think of Elton, he's right.

More useless prayer, doing absolutely NOTHING ! But they feel all good and holy after doing it ...

The rcc needs to be sued into non-existence.

They're being constantly sued for child molestation. Nonexistence would be better.

@barjoe The best (and seemingly only)
way to eradicate most of the mainstream religions is to cut off their income supply, and sue them for every dime and asset they have.

They tried that with the Boy Scouts(what a wonderfully descriptive name), and just like the several of the diocese of the RCC they sought the protection of the bankruptcy court.

@glennlab Yeah, I know. I really think some laws need to be changed in order to prevent the abuse of bankruptcy in order to escape justice for crimes.

It pisses me of when a rcc leader can pray for hungry children while holding gold that could feed them.

Exactly

@barjoe I'm gonna use that cross design for a TV antenna someday. Evangelicals always said the antenna was "crucifying Christ all over again." 🙂

I never did, and still don't like the Catholic Church at all. However, if Elton John does not like the Church, perhaps I've been wrong.

You don't like Elton John?

@barjoe Nope, I don't like piano men. Don't like Billy Joel either. Not my kind of music.

@Alienbeing Billy Joel is excellent. What is your kind of music?

@barjoe Different strokes for different folks. I like Corsby, Stills, Nash & Young, and Jimmy Hendrix, and Eric Clapton..... that type music

@Alienbeing I like the great guitarists, but I like keyboards as well.

@barjoe I like keyboards.When I say "piano men" I mean refer to what I call elevator music. I find Billy Joel & Elton John dull and boring.

@Alienbeing Obviously I disagree. This is not elevator music.

@barjoe You can like whatever you appreciate. Your disagreement only illlustrates your taste in music.

My taste says Joel and John are elevator music at best, usually much worse.

Tell them Elton

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 20, 2021

And nearly all of that gold was stolen.

Or if not outright stolen, it was coerced with threats of eternal damnation from families too large because of Catholic teachings about birth control when the parents might have been able to support one or two children, but not ten.

But the church must still take its cut from what little that family has.

Vile.

And that is even before we talk about the church being a protector of perverted child molesters.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:590819
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.