Agnostic.com

7 7

LINK Nail Polish Controversy Leads Texas District to Adopt Gender-Neutral Dress Code | Val Wilde | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

The high school students are learnign the most important thing in life. Speakign up can lead to change.

snytiger6 9 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My school has never had a strict dress code for clothes. However, we were forbidden to paint our nails and hair, and to wear long loose hair. Guys were also forbidden to wear their hair loose if it was long

When I went to school , we had to wear dresses . In the winter , our legs got freezing cold . Eventually , they decided to allow us to pull winter out door snow suite pants on , up under our dresses for recess . Much later , when I returned to work after delivering my daughter , my pre pregnancy cloths no longer fit me . At th stores , I had a choice of dark maxi skirts , or a pant suite . I chose the pant suite , and it caused a strong reaction at work . There were men saying it didn't look right . I looked at those old gentleman , some with their belts above their bellies and some below , and decided mine looked better than theirs . Apparently someone complained to the powers that be . They placed a comment in the newsletter saying that there were no rules or policies against women wearing pants to work . So there !

Girls only got to wear jeans starting in my sophomore year. And, we were a farmer school.

I remember all the girls wore dresses when I was finishing first grade, but most ware pants by the time I was in fifth grade. (1968-1973).

I will never ever comprehend why conservatives get so upset over the most trivial things such as how another person dresses or how they accessorize or similar things. I can't wrap my mind around it.

Whatever your gender, sexual orientation, identity, race, color, etc.... wear whatever you like. Even if I hate your outfit its still none of my damned business and my opinion and anyone else's is equally worth jack shit. Be yourself and express yourself as you like.

Even some older women are going for the intense colors in hair that used to be the markings of youth punk rock. Sky Blue Pink? Go for it if it makes you feel beautiful.

Just bullshit

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 24, 2021

But some boys have been wearing nail polish for at least 20 years.

How is this still a thing?

People got over the long hair on men and boys finally.

How long did that take?

I had threats passed to me about my long hair in school. At 175, no one actually approached me. I let it be known that I had a knife on me. Not a penknife either. Then, a year later, lots of guys had longer hair.

For once a good outcome from Texass!!

Yea!! Just look at what comes out of that!!.......

This is a good step forward! Education is supposed to teach facts & thinking, not how to be a drone!

How to be a drone is a major domain of religion, although theists are referred to as sheep.

@jlynn37 "exclusive"????? Hardly.......what about every ad in every media teaching us all how to be good consumers & the right thing to buy to be one of the herd? To name one glaring example.

@jlynn37 they teach to the star test or the local test that rates what kids are learning they don't teach kids to think
they push advanced math on kids when addition and subtraction would be a better use of their time

its all about the tests now not learning

@AnneWimsey Not in Texas. That state "redshirts" 8th grade football prospects, keeping them a year behind by flunking 8th grade no matter their grades.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:591763
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.