Agnostic.com

11 12

LINK Preacher: If You Have Sex Before Marriage, You’ll Cheat During Marriage | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

A case where spurious coincidence is stated (wrongly) as solid fact.

Statistically, most people "cheat" at point in their lives.

snytiger6 9 Apr 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ironic. My wife and I did exactly this, not to mention she was a divorce, and I'd had previous partners and yet... I never cheated on her... not once.

Why do we care what he thinks?

Typical bullshit

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 26, 2021

I have a feeling he's speaking from his own experience.

More pure christian BS (this preacher has probably cheated himself). I had sex before marriage but ended up marrying the woman (big mistake).

The percentage of cheaters among clergy seem higher than among others. My wife and I had sex before marriage and neither of us ever cheated.

Where did you get that most people cheat at some point?
"The two researchers found that about 21 percent of men and 13 percent of women reported infidelity at some point in their lifetime and that this gender difference has been consistent from 2000 to 2016."

-Extramarital sex partners likely to be close friends, and men are more apt to cheat | Colorado Arts and Sciences Magazine | University of Colorado Boulder [colorado.edu]

There he goes again, talking out his ass.

Where is a Hatfield when you REALLY need one?
With him being a Preacher I'd lay Odds on Bets that he'd be an Expert at Cheating on EVERYTHING, including in marriage.

He was probably dropped on his head when he fell out of his mamas hole.

More likely squirted up against a fence and hatched out by the sun, imo.

Where is his study? In reality, the studies that I have seen show that living together forms a more likely and stable relationship. Again, there are no guarantees.
Of course some studies show arranged marriages last longer - that is a poor analogy because often in those marriages the women are coming from harsher, controlling environments.
I read an article written by an Indian fellow who came out gay to his parents. They, being "liberal" minded said they accepted his choice, and then began looking for a suitable young man for him from a proper family.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:592170
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.