Agnostic.com

3 10

LINK Idaho lawmaker resigns after a 'terrified' 19-year-old aide detailed rape allegations

Hours after a legislative ethics committee voted that he should be suspended or permanently expelled for misconduct, an Idaho lawmaker accused of rape resigned Thursday, the Idaho Statesman reported. The former representative, identified as Aaron von Ehlinger, was accused of raping a 19-year- intern.

Investigations against von Ehlinger began in March after the young staffer reported he raped her in his apartment after the two had dinner. After the Idaho House Ethics and House Policy Committee unanimously agreed that von Ehlinger engaged in “behavior unbecoming” with not one but multiple women at the Statehouse and decided to censure him, he resigned, denying all accusations and maintaining that the incident was consensual.

"After careful deliberation and prayer, I have determined that I will not be able to effectively represent my constituents in the House of Representatives, and have decided to resign my seat effective immediately," von Ehlinger wrote in the letter.

His resignation letter was read on the state House floor.

HippieChick58 9 Apr 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Rape isn't "misconduct".

This is far from over, resigning from a cushy job where it's easy to crime isn't punishment, even if it feels like it is. He wants us to see his "sacrifice" but that was going to happen with or without his consent.

Wow..Rethuglicans at their, um, finest?..lock him up..lock him up..

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:593266
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.