Agnostic.com

3 5

LINK New data shows how pandemic affected births in the US - CNN

(CNN)Remember that pandemic baby boom some thought we'd see about nine months after coronavirus lockdowns swept across the US?

Well, as experts predicted, so far it seems to be shaping up to be more of a baby bust.
New data released by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Center for Health Statistics on Wednesday doesn't paint the full picture, but it gives us a glimpse of what's going on. The birth rate in the United States fell in the last quarter of 2020, decreasing significantly -- more than 6% -- from the same time period the previous year.

HippieChick58 9 May 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That will help with over population problem of this planet.

Yet I've covered two maternity leaves within the past year and my daughter is due in September.....

People don't fuck when they're scared, and in this country the system is set up to make it hard to fuck in the first place.

My grandmother told me they planed on 6 children, and then the great depression hit and they chose to stop at 4. Given how they struggled during the depression, that was a good thing. I think lots of people today did the same sort of calculations.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:594412
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.