Agnostic.com

6 7

LINK Washington state mandates teaching critical race theory K-12

Excellent!!!

The battle of the individual states has begun. For every stunt the right pulls, our west coast states respond polar opposite.

👍

SeaGreenEyez 9 May 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Textbooks are a major problem. Currently Texas has something of a strangle hold on textbook publishers. Consequently Biology texts contain Creationist drivel and US History texts cast the Civil War as the battle for states' rights, not insurrection in support of slavery.

Maybe Washington, Oregon, California, and possibly Hawaii could join together to form a Pacific Textbook Consortium. This market would be so much larger than Texas that the publishers would have no choice but to pursue the approval of the Consortium.

Awesome

bobwjr Level 10 May 11, 2021

This state has also mandated sex education in the public schools. I voted for it. I think we are trying to set an example to some of the other states as to what true social liberalism looks like. [apnews.com]

And my one Jay Inslee (he's the governor) hating friend on facebook has already posted this to her FB page and her dislike-at least I think it's meant that way as she is a trump supporter and loathes inslee. She is hard to figure as sometimes she posts stuff that anyone on this site would agree with and think it was normal. Then the batshit crazy gets posted and I think about unfriending her.
As far as education,, healthcare and other stuff the states are on there own and now it's just getting worse.

This is my philosophy when it comes to fb "friends".

Better that than current racism of Joe Bidens crime families taught by Jesse Helms&Strom Thurmond decades ago

I wish there were a way to divide the country into the two countries which exist within the country now and see which one does better. Of course the red country would attack the blue country when their country starts falling into the crapper.

I think we see that now. Years of a one party system under Jim crow has many southern state at the bottom as far as health care and education. The divide will get worse unless the voting bills get passed into law before the 2022 mid terms.

@silverotter11 But they would make a killing from tourists from the North escaping the Winter and even vacationing in the Summer. You can just imagine the draconian laws they would have if you did vacation there.

@SeaGreenEyez That budget influx is likely to disappear as corporations and population leave CA. I suspect Gavin is on far less stable ground to survive a recall than most think, too. Depends heavily on his challengers (Jenner has a 1% chance for success, imv) but I'm also not keeping up on it. I no longer live in CA and every state has major problems.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:595691
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.