Agnostic.com

30 9

Has anyone tried a home DNA kit?

Did you find out anything interesting? I found out 6 to 8 grandparents ago one of my grandparents was 100% west African. Estimated to have been born around 1710-1800. It hit me shortly after reading the results that they must have been a slave. My father's family is darkish olive skinned and the family story was that in the 1700's one of my ancestors married a native American. Problem is there was no native American DNA in my profile. I'm guessing the story was started to cover up a bi-racial baby? Anyone have any good stories they uncovered?

BrightTyger979 6 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I want to but it worries me allowing a company to have my DNA when the government can make them hand it over.

Yes. Both my wife and I did the DNA ancestors test. Nothing surprising. Interesting though. Opens lots of discussion within the extended family. Especially the % Neanderthal DNA that showed up.

Yes. Both my wife and I did the DNA ancestors test. Nothing surprising. Interesting though. Opens lots of discussion within the extended family. Especially the % Neanderthal DNA that showed up.

To update my previous post, I just sent in my Ancestry sample in hopes of meeting more relatives since it is more popular with people interested in geneaology

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:59601
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.