Agnostic.com

6 8

If you see me inside a grocery store, this is what I’ll be doing

HelenRoseBuck 6 May 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Actually my main grocery shopping is done at Aldi's where they do not offer that option. My next choice is Homeland where they do not offer that option. I go to Walmart maybe three times a year where I always use self checkout.
In high school and part of college I worked as a cashier in grocery stores. Even though I was young and healthy and very fit, I would often go home with a very sore back and sore feet. Except at Aldi's and in Europe where the cashiers get to sit down, it is a crappy minimum wage job. Unfortunately that's all many people can find anymore.

Retail workers were very important in the pandemic and we still didn't give most of them a raise.

Lol funny

bobwjr Level 10 May 14, 2021

Been doing this for years in retirement faster than the idiot bagging staff

I don't work here. And that is a job that went away, in a town that already had too few. So, I will sacrifice and interact if necessary.

Many people are opposed to it because they say it kills jobs. I often choose it when I'm in a hurry even when there is a cashier's line open. I don't have to ask them to use my sacks,don't put the clorox in with the apples etc.

Besides the fact that I'm too lazy. Self checkout is a pain in the ass. I only use cash. You have to try to put the money in, half the time it doesn't work, the machine yells at you. I hate it.

I think that if people are taken of the tills it should with training and Kindness be possible to put more workers out on the shop floor helping people to buy the goods cheaply and healthily .Some people find it difficult to ask for help. Self service also helps other lines move more quickly

@Mcflewster I just don't like using the kiosks. I do at Home Depot because of I'm buying one tool, I don't want to wait behind three trailers of lumber. If a cashier is available I'll wait a few extra minutes. It's funny, I don't mind pumping my own gas.

@Mcflewster capitalism is not famous for thought and kindness.

@Lorajay ... and yet Capitalism persists . There must be some thought and some kindness behind it to get people who take risks to put the merchandise there in the first place. Don't get me wrong I hate capitalism but it is basically the only alternative to being told exactly what to do all the time . Let us then just encourage more thought and kindness over everything. I think science does that.( Sorry to go on about it).

I hate self checkout.

I, also, for a variety of reasons.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:596388
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.