Agnostic.com

5 5

LINK Israel-Gaza: Why is the region blurry on Google Maps?

All of Israel and Palestine show up on Google Earth as low-resolution satellite imagery, even though higher-quality images are available from satellite companies. They are using outdated images on Maps, blurring them, potentially hindering open source conflict viewers.

barjoe 9 May 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When your entire country is a civil defense zone, you don’t want just anyone getting high resolution photos of the layout. And this holds true for Gaza as well as Israel. There are a lot of rocket launchers hiding in that small strip of land.

Bomb a place enough and it DOES get blurry amd indestinct... 😒

Will we ever really know? I’m not usually a conspiracy theorist but this one has me scratching my head.

Israel is a mess. I do not support Nuttiyahu.

This happens a lot in war zones especially. I tried to look at Ukraine during the Russian build up (I was ex Navy intelligence).
1st) I'm not sure how we can tell when the satellite images were taken
2nd) some countries demand control over sensitive areas - I would guess Israel is getting what it wants

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:597283
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.