Agnostic.com

7 2

what do the big brains say about information being an object, but not matter nor energy? or is information only information, or have form, when it's being active in mind?

hankster 9 May 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Information is only data. Ir becomes meaningful only when processed in the mind.

AFAIK, we don't yet have sufficient knowledge of HOW memory is stored in the brain.

[goodreads.com]

I like this information but I warn you it is christianity geared. Otherwise, the information about types of information is good information I think.

Word Level 8 May 18, 2021

Braille is a tactile writing system used by people who are visually impaired.

Bumps are physical representation of information that is felt by your fingers and translated into the understanding by knowing the braille code.

Word Level 8 May 18, 2021

That's a tricky one. But me being a light-hearted fool am going to fart. Is it out there? Where is it? Collect it if you want, but you may think twice after you get your hands on it.

I think that there may be more than one form of information, at least two forms. The physics form, which means (roughly) any complexity which may be subject to degrading by entropy, and the human cultural form which means any complexity which can be decoded into a human brain, to create a unit the human brain can control.

The second type may exist in many forms outside of the human brain, and indeed may encompass the whole of the observable universe. Which means that it differs from the first type, in that the first type also includes the non observable universe.

Go on, now have some fun with that.

Information and knowledge is synonymous. Knowledge being information known in cognition, your thinking.

Search more on the physics of information.

Word Level 8 May 17, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:597285
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.