Agnostic.com

3 9

LINK Non-Theistic Groups Met With White House Staff, And This Christian Nationalist Just Can’t Deal With It | Americans United for Separation of Church and State

May 19, 2021 by Rob Boston
William Donohue, president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights and a man who lives in a perpetual state of outrage because not everyone believes in his religion, is angry again. This time, Donohue’s all worked up because Melissa Rogers, head of the White House Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships, met recently with several non-theistic groups.

“It would be one thing if White House staffers in domestic policy or civil rights invited representatives of these six organizations to discuss their concerns; it is quite another when those who purport to work with people of faith do so,” groused Donohue in a column that is making the rounds on far-right sites. (For the record, the groups that attended the meeting were American Humanist Association, Secular Coalition for America, Freedom From Religion Foundation, American Atheists, Center for Inquiry and Ex-Muslims of North America.)

Donohue needs to read the full name of the office: It’s called the Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. (I’ve added the emphasis to make it easy for him.) While the office absolutely does work with faith-based organizations, that’s not its entire mandate. Its goal, under the Biden administration, at least, is to work with a broad cross section of Americans, religious and secular.

HippieChick58 9 May 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bill Donohue is an unbelievable fucking piece of shit.

More persecution of xtians. We aren’t the only ones anymore.

Fun, do you think he will give himself a hernia.

He can give himself head for all I care, just so long as I don't have to watch.
His opinion means less than nothing to me.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:597582
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.