Agnostic.com

5 10

Today daughter Claire put up curtains I made for her.

Claire and a handyman put up a curtain rod in her guest bedroom. Love the drill on the bed.

"Yay Mom!!! Thank you!! So happy!" Claire texted me today.

The curtains got a bit wrinkled. No worries. In the humidity of Seattle, they will develop a beautiful drape. Claire plans to raise the dream-catcher a bit.

They're even. Whew!

LiterateHiker 9 May 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Great job, mamma!

@Larimar

Thank you, dear!

"I slept better last night than I have in months thanks to the curtains," Claire said.

Her neighbors have extremely bright outdoor lights.

They look great!! Love the dream catcher!

@HippieChick

Thank you so much. I made it up as I sewed.

Love how the backing makes a dark band that anchors the airy loops.

If sewing were easy I’d design all my own clothing. I was a member of the SCA where we did Renaissance fair type stuff so I started making chain mail armor and weapons. We had a “Crown List” event where we went to a camp site and stayed in costume for four days.
To the point I made my own costume but sewing it together by hand took ages, maybe if I ever get a sewing machine I’ll try again.
Carpel tunnel prevents me from doing it by hand again.
Love the drapes, I hope they match the carpet.

@Willow_Wisp

Thank you. Claire has hardwood floors.

@LiterateHiker Even better, especially if you have pets because when they start running they stay in place a while just like in the cartoons.

There seems to be a greater sense of integrity when the carpet matches the drapes 😏

They look great!!

@BudFrank

Thank you!

Very nice...well done!

@MsKathleen

Thank you, dear!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:597697
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.