Agnostic.com

4 2

How the current UFO nonsense got into the mainstream, it's a cult basically. How Washington Got Hooked on Flying Saucers: [newrepublic.com]

Druvius 8 May 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What's the matter -- worried that something might come out on this and the strident denunciation of anything to do with this as hysteria might be proved not to have been reasonable scepticism but pig headedness?

No, I'd love for evidence of aliens to be discovered. No strident denunciation here, people are perfectly free to believe in whatever nonsense they want. There just is nothing new here, same ol same ol: [theness.com]

You've already decided it's nonsense and a cult! You said so. All I believe is that I want to know what authorities know, and since ufos are physical phenomena -- photographs, footage, accounts from pilots and others whom we wouldn't just automatically dismiss as cranks etc -- what the explanation is for all of this. If the explanation is terrestrial then fine, but I do know they've given up attributing these things to Venus, clouds, ball lightning, and aurora activity and reflections of the moon. Well, I should say they've given up, apart from Neil degrass Tyson, who is always good for a laughing bear 'nothin' to see here folks' performance on CNN. Helps pay for kids' college education, I guess. But apart from him they're stopped with these lame excuses.

Tell it to the Navy pilots who say they see them almost every day. Skepticism is 100% OK, but debunkers can go eff themselves. Why are you so afraid of the truth? Could it be the last seven decades of concerted disinformation and intimidation from the CIA and Pentagon? Yeah, you CAN'T handle the truth.

I would say I'm not the one afraid of the truth ... that UFOs are currently still in the nothingburger category along with Sasquatch, Nessie, etc. The good doctor covers it nicely: [theness.com]

@Druvius So eating crow actually has the taste of sand, as one buries one's head. I wondered what the debunkers would do. Thanks for the clarification.

i kinda enjoy believing in intelligent life in the universe. its fun and a much more hopeful outlook than what this planet offers in the intelligence category.

Space dandruff.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:598684
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.