Agnostic.com

27 1

Feelings about your own Funerals

How do you feel about the number and type of person(s) who will attend your own funeral. Have you given much thought to it?
It should tell us how you value the one life you have. OR should it?

Mcflewster 8 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Send my body for scientific reaseach or a medicla school, then burn it and sompost the ashes. They can had a memmorial, or better yet a wake, if it makes them feel better.

I'm not sure what it tells you about the life I have but....

I'd like as many that wanted to, to come and play music, sing, whatever... I'd quite like a reading from one of the Buddhist texts maybe The Kalama Sutta or perhaps a passage from The dhammapadda I'd like there to be good vegetarian food, no drugs or alcohol and for people not to be sad or cry.
BUT I think funerals/wakes are not for the dead they're for the living. I'll be dead so whatever those left behind want to do will probably be what happens... 🙂

In my experience it is the people at the funeral who so well sum up the good points of the deceased, and now Humanist celebrants are making sure that the occasion is a celebration of a life. Do try to go to one and don't follow the dictates of the churches

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:59919
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.