Agnostic.com

6 2

LINK Steak 48 steakhouse: Center City restaurant faces major criticism over restrictive policies | 6abc.com

I don't like pretentious restaurants. The black community in Philadelphia feels they are being targeted. I don't like rules. Dress code? Business casual is fine for a nice place. Even jackets required. $100 minimum? I usually spend $100 per person at a nice place but, sometimes I don't. I don't like complicated dress codes or being pushed around when I go out. Fuck that.

barjoe 9 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pretentious fucks

bobwjr Level 10 May 28, 2021

I work in a semi upscale restaurant and I can't believe the way people dress. It's like they were raised by wolves.

I have no problem with a simple sign "Proper Dress Required" I know one restaurant in Philly that requires "Gentleman Must wear Jackets l. I don't like a national chain coming to my city and look at each customer as $100 bills. To have a corporate, arbitrary dress code is their right, I don't like it. If it's business casual and people arrive clean and they have money, it should all be good. I can understand you as a waiter liking $100 policy because it guarantees huge check average. I don't think it's a good sustaining policy. I don't like places with attitude. What do you consider dressing like "wolves".

The price , I don’t see a problem . Clean cut deal , telling u upfront , I can go or not go .
Clothing and overall appearance , on these days , is pretentious to write it down as a rule .
It sounds like attracting “ dead “ people .
Clothing / styling is self expressing ( I hope ).
I don’t care what people are wearing . I can raise an eyebrow or roll eyes , but does not offend me .
I have known a variety of people from the arts and the banks who are walking around dressed on old shoes , wear down jeans , and ponytails . Not bcz poor . The opposite . Bcz don’t care to convince anyone of their wealth or style .
Their place , their rules , like Annie said .
I won’t go bcz Cookie cutter crowd most likely will work on my nerves .

Their place, their rules. They polled you, I presume?

Tired of hearing rich entrepreneurs crying about how they are trying to save the restaurant industry. Just a bunch of greedy bastards. They probably don't pay their workers a living wage. Their rules? That true. I don't have to eat there. Perfect place for pretentious privileged fucks.

I would not pay $100 for a steak dinner.

BD66 Level 8 May 27, 2021

I would spend that and have in the past. I don't like a restaurant insisting a minimum and $100 per head in an a la carte place is crazy. I've been to a restaurant that had a $120 Prix Fixe 20 years ago and it was worth it. A 5 course classic French meal with dessert. Le Bec Fin it was called. I'm not working right now. I only piss off disposable income.

Wow! I would never eat there, so they can have all the rules they want. Sniff test to get in? Sniff this 💩😂.

I enjoy getting dressed up and going out to a nice place but I would never go to this restaurant. It's probably not that good anyway. I've been to Morton's, Capitol Grille, Ruth's Chris, Barclay Prime, Del Frisco's and The Saloon which requires jacket and tie. I don't like the way this place is going about it. I'm pretty broke these days so I wouldn't go anyway. Maybe they made these rules to keep me out.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:599492
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.