Agnostic.com

32 3

Who scares you more - Donald Trump or Mike Pence?

Donald is the kind of person who would register every Muslim in the US. But I get the impression that Pence is the kind of guy who would register every person in the country (and their religion). Mike scares me more. Unfortunately, he gets in if/when Donald gets the boot. SIgh...

chuckles 6 Nov 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A little like asking which poison do you prefer, cyanide or arsenic? LOL

Qualia Level 8 Nov 30, 2017

Trump is a raging fool, but if Pence could have his way we'd be living in a Christian theocrasy tomorrow.

Pence scares me more because he's got some actual political experience. Better to tie Trump's hands in 2018 by ensuring he has a majority in neither the House nor the Senate, then vote his ass out in 2020.

Pence is the puppeteer and Trump is merely his marionette; for now. The minute Trump is removed from office, America is done for. Women are screwed (against our will by every definition of screwed). Every minority group is fucked (pardon my language). We have already started repeating history on our own Soil; Pence is the beginning of the American holocaust. I am afraid of what our future holds.

Donald Trump pisses me off for the same reason that he doesn't really scare me, because he's an idiot. Mike Pence scares me because he is exactly where he wants to be and he knows how to get shit done

Mike Pence. Trump said dumb things to get elected. Given Pence's back ground I believe he is a much greater threat to issues of equality.

It's really more of a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. Trump's behavior could easily get us into a conflict none of us (the thinking people) want, but he is also showing signs of being easily manipulated. He is under considerable pressure from the religious right and one of their prime spokesmen is his vice president.

Pence, on the other hand, is a direct threat to everything this country was intended to be and part of the reason for that is that so many people in this country buy into the hogwash that it is based in the Judeo-Christian faith. That somehow, they hold the moral high ground and everyone should understand that.

I would prefer to see him finish out his one term and hope he doesn't do something terminally stupid than to see him impeached or removed from office through the 25th Amendment. After that, if people have come to their senses, he and his entire menagerie can be voted out of office. That would be the safest scenario.

Now THAT IS a tough call. I live in Indiana so I am very familiar with Pence and he scares the hell out of me for wholly different reasons than DT does. DT seems to be literally emotionally disturbed and that is very frightening because he is a loose cannon and no one seems to be able to rein him in. Pence, on the other hand, is a religious, alt right fanatic who thinks that god, specifically a Christian god, is the answer to America's problems and that he has the right to legislate accordingly. I don't think hew has a clear understanding of the separation of church and state--AT ALL. So, while DT could get us all killed in a the flash of a nuclear war, Pence could set us back 100 years with his ideas of religiosity. Either way, the United States has taken a huge hit in terms of integrity and credibility with the rest of the world. We may have been the foremost nation in the industrialized world but that is no longer the case and I really don't know if we can ever regain that status. Once the world saw that we were as fallible as Germany with Hitler, we lost the trust of our allies, the ones DT didn't alienate, and our enemies are singing validation and vindication for their hatred of us. Once trust is lost, it takes a LONG time to regain it and that's only if the other party is willing to give us that chance. Just ask any marriage partner who was once cheated on!

Thanks for the Indy perspective!

You just caused my head to reboot.

godef Level 7 Nov 30, 2017

Hadn't thought about that, had you? 🙂

Donald Trump or Mike Pence do not scare me. Hillary scared me, that's why I voted for Trump. Islam Theocracy scares me.

Fair enough- I don't like Hillary or Muslim theocracy, either. I would say this though- is the threat of a Muslim theocracy nearly as prevelant as the threat of Christian theocracy in the US? As dangerous as radical Islam is (much lile any radical mindset), is it a threat on the scale of a radical Christian theocracy? And what role would Hillary have played in facilitating a Muslim takeover? I ask because Mike Pence wants a Christian theocracy, and Trump would gladly give it to him if he could, which certainly gives me cause for concern. I am also unsure as to what Hillary has to do with a Muslim takeover, so I wanted to get some more clarification on that.

If theocracy scares you, then you definitely voted wrong. Have you listened to all the religious talk coming out of trump's mouth? He's even wanting to repeal the Johnson act. There is nothing to fear from Islam taking over this country, but the new breed of Christian zealot is hell bent on doing just that.

Actually I do know what I'm talking about XD

The Iran Nuclear Deal isn't nearly that bad. It does lift sanctions, yes, but it also imposes strict regulations on Iran's nuclear weapon building activity. If Iran should violate these regulations, the sanctions will be reimposed for ten years. So the lifting of sanctions- and the threat of their return- actually gives Iran good incentive to stop building nuclear weapons.

Actually the whole Syrian refugee thing had nothing to do with letting radical Muslims into the country. Not all refugees are Muslim- let alone radical ones- and the US has a strict vetting policy that would most certainly weed out most- if not all- potential terrorists.

So neither Obama nor Hillary have really done anything to further radical Islam. If you're gonna try hurling insults at people, you'll have to do better than that XD

@ShadowRaptor I feel an Islam Theocracy is worst than a Christian Theocracy. I don't like either one. I don't like any religion at all. I don't believe Trump or Pence is going to make this a Christian Theocracy. I am not afraid of Hillary any more because she didn't become President. She is all washed up now.

Both make me nervous for different reasons. Trump is just plain stupid, but Pence backs up his stupidity with his religion.

I personally agree. It's more ideal to wade out Trump and beat him in the next election than to chuck him out and have to deal with Pence.

Tough call. Trump is a straight up wacko, but Pence is insidious, and could be evil. Something I don't want to find out, because if/when we do, it will be because he's in power. If that man ever comes into power we are all doomed.

They both are bigots-If trump goes down Pence will as well lying about Mike Flynn.

A lot has to happen for that scenario to unfold. But keep up those happy thoughts! 🙂

Pence. He knows how to play politics and pass shit. Goldfinger is certainly hurting us but at least he’s not passing shit.

Trump is a piece of feces with money and a huge ego. Pence is a different kind of piece of feces. He is the scariest of the two.

Trump. He is a stupid, egomaniacal sociopath whose mental health is about gone.

And you are a right wing republican ass. Please refrain from attacking members.

To Harleyman: I will not stoop to deliberately trying to insult you, even though I obviously disagree with you. Why do you engage in such reprehensible behavior?

Here is a thought. Pence is more sincere in his convictions, but will the GOP kowtow to him like they do to Trump. Does he have clout and blind loyalty?

KJMOD Level 2 Jan 13, 2018

Paul Ryan

When Hillary conceded, I posted on Facebook that we are in a double-catch22! I stated then that I would be willing to take a bullet to save Trump because Pence would probably make more headway on turning this country into a theocracy. The worst part is that the next one up for POTUS is probably the worst threat to democracy and the common folks yet - Paul Ryan! Yuck! We need to watch Trump's authoritarian threats more than his other unhinged behavior- it is a primary danger to freethinking people. Not a totally definitive response to the question, but I suspect that there isn't a sure way to find out. Let's hope for a Democratic majority in both houses of Congress next year and no Supreme Court vacancies till then.

That is a really tough question, I think they scare me equally but for different reasons- Trump is a loose cannon, Pence is a systematic right wing religious wacko. Trump is more likely to start a nuclear war, Pence is more likely to change the US into a cultish Christian/Capitalist nation

I think Trump scares me more, just because he seems to be out to destroy the country any way he can. He has installed incompetent heads in every department. He doesn't think twice about tromping on our freedoms, if it means pandering to the dominionists and Nazis.
I think Pence would be worse than Bush, but not as bad as Trump.

I don't understand how this site became a haven for right wing extremists looking for yet another place to share their insecurities and angst about losing their white male privilege. Please leave and find a right wing site to share your views with other closed minded bigots. Thanks!

They worm their way into every site likely to have liberal POV. It seems their entire goal is to degrade and cause enmity. I would suspect we’re too cerebral for that to work.

Ot maybe they're Russian operatives? 🙂

Liberal millennials. ;D

AAAAAAACK!!!! Trump is an embarrassment. Pence would quietly move for a theocracy. We have a murderer's row of awfulness, should we successfully get rid of the trumpling.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6013
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.