Agnostic.com

7 8

LINK New Jersey to close state's only women's prison following 'horrific attacks' by guards

Oh! This is one story. 😬😬😬

It doesn't say where they'll be rehousing the women, but there's NO doubt this is absolutely what should happen.

(Sadly this happens all across America, to male & female inmate as well as juvenile offenders. This hopefully will send a message.) 🤞🤞🤞

SeaGreenEyez 9 June 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Atrocious

bobwjr Level 10 June 9, 2021

Guard 'culture' is ripe for removal in female & male prisons.

Often those involved in 'law enforcement' are as bad or worse than those that are incarcerated. Seems to me a better system could be found as to have only female guards.

THis type of shit does and has happened all the time in Men's prisons but does not draw any attention.
There is some strange acceptance of the physical abuse of men, with the assumption that they can take it. Well oddly enough not all men are Steven fucking Segal.
Any investigation needs to be of the prison service as a whole, not just the women's prisons if they really value dignity and duty of care.

I'm not sure I want to read the story. I will say ALL the profiling that could possibly help root out the bad apples is not being done. Whatever screening process being used has failed horribly. I'm just surprised an enterprising attorney has not tried to file a class action law suit.
I know it was bad back in the late 1960's and early 1970's. Both my dad and my sister's fiancé were out of work. The state prison in Trenton was hiring and both applied. Both were hired, both quit after the first lock down weapons search. Neither talked about it except to say it's not for them and it's not much of a screening process.

The real problem is that this is only the symptom, not the disease. The disease is a society that creates people capable of this kind of behavior.

@SeaGreenEyez, as long as they let one bad apple stay in the barrel, ACAB.

This is sad! Those guards need to be held accountable!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:602302
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.