Agnostic.com

7 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They have every right to refuse it. What’s the point?

The point beign that once again religion is endangering others.

@snytiger6 says who? Herd immunity is taking hold in a lot of places and using this is an excuse to tramp on civil liberties is a slippery slope

@Heavykevy1985 When I was 16, I traveled to Asia. Before I could go I had to get many vaccinations. It wasn't anything to do with civil liberties, but was so I could not bring diseases from other countries home, and also to protect me while I was traveling.

When you live in a community (or country) sometimes protecting the public health should over rule personal choices.

@snytiger6 their countries demand that you get vaccinated but you are talking about usurping people’s basic liberties and forcing them to get vaccinated

@Heavykevy1985 Well, we have to just differ in the way we view things. I think requirign vaccinations for the public good doesn't interfere with my civil liberties, because I think as a port of a community (or country) I have a duty to my fellow citizens to try to help insure good public health by getting vaccinated. Because I have an autoimmune disorder, some vaccines can cause autoimmune reactions, which really are a problem. Still I got the Covid-19 vaccine anyway, because I thought it was inportant to help protect the health of the society in which I live. Getting vaccinated is a small way in which to contribute to the well beign of the society in which I live... and it cost me nothing to do it, other than the time to get vaccinated.

You're choice. You can either contribute to making the place you live a better place to live, or not.

@snytiger6 because it was your choice to get vaccinated. You want that choice to be taken away because you are an authoritarian. Requiring vaccination to do certain things is a violation of civil liberties especially when they conflict with your deeply held personal beliefs. In that case, women should not be able to get an abortion. If you are in favor of stripping away bodily autonomy, this is the road to tyranny

@Heavykevy1985 Please don't try to put words into my mouth. I don't think anyone should be required to get vaccinated. However, I also think that businesses such as airlines (just an example, I think most businesses have the right to refuse service to protect their customers) are fully justified in requiring vaccinations if you want to use their service.

@snytiger6 considering how wedded they are to the US government, no.

Adult vaccination is almost unheard of in India. I had not heard of flue shots before coming to the USA. So, I understand the reluctance a bit. Government messaging was also horrible. They claimed victory against the virus before even 5% population was vaccinated. Common people used their common sense and questioned the need for a vaccine if the virus was defeated. There was a misunderstanding of the vaccine - many thought of it as a drug to treat covid if you catch it. Religion is tightly woven into the fabric of life in rural India and it definitely plays a role in vaccine hesitancy but I fault the government for mismanagement

Religious bull

bobwjr Level 10 June 15, 2021

It is sad, so many people are going to die painfully and needlessly. I feel for the children who will be left orphans, India does not have the infrastructure to deal with their issues as it is, after this finally ends they will be worse off. Then people like the sisters of the bitch will step up and persecute even more of the destitute and orphans. Wonder if in 20 years we will be hearing of how they sold off young Indian children to wealthy people in countries and how those children were used as servants or abused all while the catholic cult makes more money.

Budgie Level 8 June 15, 2021

Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance is lethal.

No, no, some FORMER villages....

Yeah, like, who knew religions could be so destructive...

Religitards gonna religitard

redhog Level 7 June 14, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:603338
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.