Agnostic.com

7 11

LINK Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster loses bid for legal recognition as incorporated entity

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster will remain in the realms of satire, after an attempt to have its Australian wing formally recognised was rejected by a South Australian legal authority on the grounds that the purported religion is nothing more than a "hoax".

snytiger6 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I believe in Spaghetti, I believe in Flying, I believe in Monsters.... just Not together!!! I don't believe in churches.

How did they determine that it was a hoax compared to any other religion? What criteria was used? Sounds as if the arbitrator had her own religious bias.

Yeah, I kind of was thinking along those lines. All religions are a hoax.

All religions are a hoax.

That South Australian legal authority must be jammed full of [funda]mental[ist] Catholics.

All religions are hoax.

They all start as cults. If they get large enough they become religions, but everyone of them is a hoax.

Well that's well and good but what does that make the others, antique hoaxes? 🤔

As well as cults.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:604397
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.