Agnostic.com

8 0

Quick question, if someone told you something was "melon colored", what color of the rainbow do you think it would be closest to?
Please give first reactions that pop into your head before googling it.

ChestRockfield 8 June 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

which melon
cantaloupe is a shade of pink or orange
honey dew green
watermelon can be yellow or red and there are other colors

That's the question. What do you think of first when you hear 'melon colored' with no other context clues?

Maybe because I was a bartender, or maybe because I'm always thinking about candy and the melon colored thing was a food, but I thought green all the way. If you Google melon candy or melon liqueur these are the images that return.

Apparently though, melon is a color and it's like a light peach. That just seems weird to be though.

Watermelon green then cantaloupe

Word Level 8 June 22, 2021

Canteloupe (pale orange) is what comes to my mind, to describe melon colored skin, though I know there are many types of melons of various colors of flesh. Paler than peach, mango or papaya. Possible as a skin color for someone with normally pale skin, but has eaten a lot of carrots, sweet potatoes, or squash. Watermelon means sunburned and honeydew would be sickly.

Yellow. I like the Honeydew type best.

Pale green was the first color that came to mind, probably because I ate a pale green melon yesterday.

On an average day, though, I would probably imagine an orange-pink color.

Cantaloupe insides

That's how I see it as well.

Meloncholy orange?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:604773
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.