Agnostic.com

13 2

Life lesson

What is the best/worst thing that you have inherited from your parents

VAL3941 8 Apr 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My father was killed in military service, when I was only 6. Because there was a war on, I never really saw him and have no clear memories of him. HOWEVER, people who knew him say I'm ''just like him." They say he ''never met a stranger," and that's me, too. They say he was almost always happy...and that's me, too. So, that's my legacy, I guess.

Keep that memory alive. It is precious !

Actually, nothing but a dodgy set of DNA.

What did my dad teach me? Departure, he left when I was a kid and never came back.

What did my mother teach me? Cooking. Ha ha ha, that's a just a joke, she can't cook her way out of a paper bag.

So, all up, apart from my existence that is all I got from my parents.

Life, the most precious thing you coukd have inherited !

@VAL3941 I guess.... I just need to put it to good use.

@Palindromeman Get to it then, what you waiting for ??

@VAL3941 You clearly missed my last 50 years. While you weren't looking.

@Palindromeman It is never too late to start over, if you have the will. Sounds like you are hesitant ?

@VAL3941 Hesitant does not even begin to cover it.

@Palindromeman Take Nikes advice. " just do it "

@VAL3941 Oh, you have no idea what a stubborn bastard I am. I just low ball the message.

@Palindromeman OK ! Mothball them. Too !

@VAL3941 Copy that.

Best: Never trust people to stay.
Worst: Never trust people to stay.

Irene Level 4 Apr 20, 2018

With that attitude no one will stay, what about lifes other attributes ?

Best: Honesty and trustworthiness from my dad. Compassion and respect for others from my mom.

Worst: Can't think of anything. Good parents!

Lucky you.

Best - emotional self reliance
Worst - low self esteem/confidence

I’ve had to work hard through both, but I’m now a better person because of it.

Bet you are a better person for it ?

The worst, my birth family, though many people say I am adopted, sadly the records disagree.
I have been so fortunate with my health, yet I can't say I inherited that, the rest of the family suffer from all the bad stuff, diabetes, cholesterol, addictions, they are way shorter than I am, they get sick, I seem to have a super immune system, but this appears to be as a result of 2 serious infections I had preteen that went untreated.
So nothing great inherited, certainly not the millions my cousins got from my grandmother, or the houses my brothers received while parents were still alive.

Accept that the worst turned out to be the best ?

@VAL3941 I so wish I was adopted, my youngest brother jokes when we have family problems, he says, "Well at least you are adopted, they are related to me"

@Rugglesby Be grateful you are not alone !

Gene pool

What Gene pool ???

My mom looks younger than I do.

I can't stand some aspects of my mother's personality and I fight trying not to be negative, judgemental and know-it-all. My mother's family looks younger.My mom is 90-looks 70. I look younger as well.

Know what you mean, I am 50 and look 74, wait or is it the other way round ?

My dad`s common sense even though it is a learned behavior I still sit and think how my dad would approach a problem.

best quality i got from my mamma. she taught me to look at things with an open mind. see things that are different from me as a possible compliment to my characteristics rather than just a scary, unknown, bad thing. worst is a toss up between my temper and i guess you would call it the emotional baggage, both of which i got from my father.

Byrd Level 7 Apr 18, 2018

Best-Values Worst-Baldness

Best thing from my mother... self awareness and blunt honesty.
Worst thing... although my mother did not force religion down my throat and she taught me to question everything... she also had anger issues, lack of patience and was very violent with me... I have anger issues now and do not want children because I don't want to do what she did to me.

Best thing from my father... honestly don't know... never got a chance to find out..
Worst thing from my father is alcoholism and being a douche when we are drunk.

I like your honesty, keep it up please.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:60626
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.