Agnostic.com

8 10

Massachusetts police in standoff with heavily armed men who claim to not recognize laws.

WAKEFIELD, Mass. β€”

Eleven men are in custody after a police standoff with heavily armed men who claimed to not recognize laws.

The men were clad in tactical, military-style gear with long guns and pistols, Massachusetts State Police Col. Christopher Mason said. They claimed they were going to Maine for "training."

The standoff shut down part of I-95 in Wakefield in both directions, prompting heavy traffic as people hit the road for the Fourth of July weekend.

The standoff began around two a.m. when police noticed two cars pulled over on I-95 with hazard lights on, authorities said at a Saturday press briefing. Police stopped to assist them.

The men refused to put down their weapons or comply with authorities' orders, claiming to be from a group β€œthat does not recognize our laws," police said. They took off into a wooded area, where two men have been arrested.

The standoff shut down part of I-95 in Wakefield in both directions, prompting heavy traffic as people hit the road for the Fourth of July weekend.

In Massachusetts, Interstate 95 runs from the Rhode Island line, around Boston to the New Hampshire line. Wakefield is just east of where Interstate 95 and 93 meet north of Boston.

Residents in Wakefield and nearby Reading were advised to lock their doors and shelter in place.

Wakefield police said in its statement that no threats had been made but the men were considered armed and dangerous.

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 July 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I read this earlier this morning. Very disturbing at the least. People carrying guns around and claiming they have no political beliefs and do not recognize our laws, but they are going off to Maine for "training." A key to understanding this is that they blocked traffic for recognition. What comes next?

More of trumps knee jerk witless idiots ? πŸ˜‚

These guys may not recognize laws, but looks like the law recognized them.

This what the ilk of Trump encourages.

Wingnuts yes. But from an obscure Black Nationalist group called 'Rise of the Moors'

@davknight

Ignoring Native Americans, this group claims Moors are the first indigenous people to live in America. Delusional. Moor was a European word that referred to the indigenous people of North Africa.

Moors came from Mauretania, which encompassed areas of the modern-day countries of Algeria and Morocco.

@LiterateHiker Yup! Ringydingywingbats!

RightWingnuts

bobwjr Level 10 July 3, 2021
I used to live in Mass, a fender bender on that stretch of road could back up traffic for severl miles.
MizJ Level 8 July 3, 2021

The RepubliNUTS are coming out for the holiday weekend. I hope this ends peacefully.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:606934
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.