Agnostic.com

10 6

LINK Pastor Celebrates a Future Genocide, When God Will “Kill Wicked Men and Women” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

This illustrates my favortie pet peeve of religion. When they claim that everyone who doesnt' believe as they do will eight die, go to hell or be wiped off the face of the earth because they displeased god. Yet, in the bible, in almost every case where people were wiped out, god needed the help of man to get it done. In other cases like Sodom, they gave god credit for a natural disaster. Sodom was destroyed by an earthquake, but under the city were lots of natural gas pockets which got released during the earthquake, and the was a massive explosion that destroyed two cities Their wickedness was made up after the fact to explain the disaster.

snytiger6 9 July 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ho hum, it's all make-believe. But the christian make-believe isn't as bad (currently) as the Islamic make-believe. They are still beheading non-believers.

God's gassy farts wiped out two cities.
Something stinks about this story.

The power of religion is based on fear. Priests instill fear in their flocks in order to control them. It's a very old scam, but it still works on a lot of people.

Religion is merely a coping mechanism as well.

@CuddyCruiser You put it most excellent well.

Why isn't that pastor already locked up in his local loony bin?

Because the judge, the prosecutor, the cop, they're all either in the thrall of the religion (and afraid of God's reaction) or afraid of the backlash from religious folk.

@Flyingsaucesir And that is exactly why the USA is becoming a third rate country, and will continue to do so unless and until it throws off the yoke of religion.

My question is since god is so powerful why doesn’t he change the minds of these people instead of destroying them.

Good point!

Isn't it wicked to judge others and to not forgive them as Jesus commanded?

Why is it that some people just assume their favored status?

Hypocrisy.

guy may as well be saying “the rothschilds are my masters, and i want the population of earth to be 500 million too” lol

Just a plain sicko who should be locked up in a psycho ward.

Don't hold your breath.

Doesn't the bible say not to judge, only god can do that. How does he know someone is wicked without judging them.

edit

Hypocrisy reigns in the house of the lord

God the mass murderer. What a guy!

Gods body count in Old Testament

2.8 million confirmed
25 million estimated

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:609866
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.