Agnostic.com

11 14

LINK Mother who believed 'hand of God' would heal her daughter jailed for endangering child's life

A Toowoomba mother who relied on the "hand of God" to heal her sick daughter has been jailed for endangering the six-year-old girl's life.

snytiger6 9 July 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

She and the father of her 8 children need to be sterilized and all of the children removed from their care. Is she going to administer the insulin for this child or not?
Sickening

Budgie Level 8 July 19, 2021

Just another example of religious ignorance, It's happened before, people refusing to take their child to the doctor, thinking that god with heal them just like the pandemic church leaders refusing to wear masks, and large gatherings at their church,

ml58n2 Level 7 July 18, 2021

Good. If there were a hell, she would belong there.

And in jail she will start her very own prayer group. These people need something else than jail or they will come out even more radicalized.

That would put her in the same group as Muslim terrorists, which figures.

I have had enough of the Land of the Convict condoning violence in the name of religion. The fact that the judge sent her to prison rather than opting for something more useful underscores this point.

This kind of garbage further solidifies my anti-theism.
Belief in any god should render people unfit to care for any child.
I'm so sick of anyone using "religious freedom" as an excuse for their criminal behavior.

Saaaame

She needs to be locked up for 20 years.

The United $tates of Absurdity does not have a monopoly on mentally defective parents.

Five months in jail might help here. In many of our states she would have gotten away with it.

Knowing the pig-headedness of religious types in this country, I very much doubt that five months in the slammer will do anything to help the mother to wise up.

When I worked as a family counselor, I would call Child Protective Services the INSTANT that some goofy bible-beater failed to get medical care for a sick child. Oh yeah. Both CPS and the cops, right way, on the spot. I'd ask to have the parents charged with child abuse.

mischl Level 8 July 18, 2021

I don't believe she would be arrested in the USA. At least not in all states.

barjoe Level 9 July 18, 2021

I hope she loses custody; or, at the very least child services, there, keeps her in their system for monitoring.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:610303
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.