Agnostic.com

14 4

Should there be a word for people who have rejected Covid-19 vaccination and later regretted it? [bbc.com]

anglophone 9 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'll take " What is a moron?", for $200, Alex....

3 words: Jab or Slab.

There are many words. I like "stupid".

Trump made stupid even more famous. But, unfortunately, it seems there is more stupid around than ever.

Biggest problem is these people think it's all about them. When I had my bike accident 3 years ago my doctor asked if I was wearing a helmet (I was). He said he hates it when others don't wear theirs as it makes more work for him and often leaves a chronic malady. Also, someone has to clean up the mess afterward. It puts a strain on several systems. This goes for seat-belts and vaccines as well. It's about trying to take some responsibility for our own health and safety. There are lots of names for these people and, for many, they won't get the message until they get sick or get shut out of events, services or areas involving others. At some point their stupidity will force governments to pass laws (like with seat-belts and helmets).

I 100% agree with you. But, unfortunately, stupid people are much harder to convince than smart people. They may only understand how wrong they were, but by then, it may be too late.

@Tourirst Unfortunately, we see that all the time. Some people seem to have to experience something before they get it. Many of us can learn from others.

Clown Disease.

Germ-infested weasels? Losers? Dead?

"Deceased" comes to mind.

Price=payers.

I guess it's "regretful" or "wiser now, but too late" or a myriad other terms that come to mind. Hopefully these stories will create a new group of "better late to get the vaccine than dead or with long haul syndrome" people.

I find the lack of what I regard as basic medical knowledge in some communities as quite frightening. By basic medical knowledge, I mean the efficacy of vaccines, the importance of nutrition, blood pressure, and the functions of various organs of the body (brain, liver, heart, lungs, kidneys, gonads, ...). I wonder to what extent this is because people are not told these facts and do not find out for themselves, and to what extent people lack the intellectual capacity to know these facts and understand their significance.

I have only one life, and I regard such basic medical knowledge as crucial to making the best use of the carcase known as my body. Am I being arrogant? Am I expecting too much of other people? Am I just too damn smart for my own good?

@anglophone I's say "None of the above", to your series of closing ?s.

I think some people just have ideas in their head that they want to believe for some odd reason, sticking their head in the sand so to speak, and it's just impossible to get them to think otherwise.

I have a friend who has a lot of medical issues - plus grossly overweight - she was told to lose weight by her doctor - her life depends on it - yet she will order hamburgers and french fries with a sugary soda every time we go out, doesn't exercise and has other unhealthy habits. She would surely become severely ill if she contracts the virus, yet she refuses to even consider getting the vaccine. I have stopped spending time with her and I figure she is no longer my concern. I hate to sound cold-hearted, but if she's not going to help herself, I'm done with taking her to/from doctors, etc., for her other health issues. I don't like exposing myself to her with so little covid awareness.

Mule may be good. Based on the old saying. " First hit your mule sharply on its nose with a heavy stick, to get its attention."

( I think the line came from an old US army manual on pack mules.)

Duped is how they feel, providing they live

bobwjr Level 10 July 21, 2021

Having read the article, at least he seems to have a brain.

There is a word for all of them whether they regret it later or not. Unfortunately I don't want to be deleted.

Oh go on…I dare you!

Damascene converts!

That is a very polite one yes.

@Fernapple I’m feeling in a very polite mood this morning! 😁

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:610750
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.