Agnostic.com

5 6

As we get more and more information, it does appear Trump was just (as many of us have had to assume for awhile) in effect beholden to the Russians.

I don't know enough about history: Will Trump go down as the first President in US History to have been so deeply corrupted and enthralled to a foreign power? Are there other Presidents where it has come out that they had such an issue, and at this depth?

kmaz 7 July 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I well appreciate the responses, but the basic question is still there. Is there anyone on humanist.com or agnostic.com who might answer? The question: Does Trump stand alone in American history, in terms of being enthralled to a foreign power? Are there perhaps historical examples outside the US of a Head Of State (elected or otherwise) who was so deeply guilty of this?

If Trump was so deeply beholden to Russia, (and if he was alone in US history or nearly alone) what it means, ultimately, is that people who supported him can be, in many cases, rightly assessed as using a ridiculous double-standard in assessing Trump as versus others. Heck, Biden has a son who was accused by the right wing of engaging in some sort of shady deal, to do with Ukraine or Russia and the shouting from the right was very strong. Yet, for four years, there were clear signs that an elected President was under some improper direct influence by Russia, and we hear crickets. Considering the extraordinary history between the US and Russia, and the relatively recent events in the Ukraine, I think the hypocrisy of those engaging in this double-standard is too much not to mention and discuss, even in an age where we are worn out and tired of pointing out hypocrisy.

kmaz Level 7 July 25, 2021

I believe it was Eric Trump who said over 3 years ago that they did not need any money and if they did they would borrow it from the Russians.

I’m just glad we can speak openly about it without a bunch of Redneck GOP Congressmen and Senators yelling Na ah! and trying to gaslight everyone so much so the media gives them the microphone. Now everyone just ignores their BS, they could just as well be claiming there’s no fires in the West.

I think we need a more stringent process for vetting candidates for office. 45's administration nearly killed us.

I would say that the republican party since Reagan could be seen as changing the country for the rich at the expense of the poor.

beholding, been holding, holding on, and just the plain ole putin hold. yep.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:611595
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.