Agnostic.com

9 19

LINK Religious man sets house on fire, hurts mother and kills brother for not following the Bible - The Charleston Press

Mental illness and religion. Religion is a mental illness? Eh, you all get the point.

#smh

SeaGreenEyez 9 July 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had something similar happen with my younger brother who has schizophrenia, he had an episode when we were together, alone at our family cottage and he threatened to kill me and burn down the family cottage. I told him to knock himself out and went to bed - woke up the next day and went home. Mental illness is such a tricky topic to try and get your head around, unless you are forced to deal with it, most people just want to ignore it. The religious types tend to put it down to demonic possession and it's very hard to get a prescription for that. 😉

They basically want easy answers when all is said and done.

I definitely think religious faith is a mental illness.
Always have.
It's rooted in delusion.
Delusion is a symptom of mental illness.

KKGator Level 9 July 25, 2021

Sick and delusional…….there can never be any “appropriate” punishment for someone like this.

Maybe god told him he would go to heaven for that.

Dude, next time just burn some sage.

mcgeo52 Level 8 July 25, 2021

Yup Gaaawd tol me ta burn'em.ugh.

WTAF?

Sounds like he was following the Bible to the letter.......

We can subsidize big oil, ag and pharma to the tune of BILLIONS of dollars. America spends trillions on the military industrial complex.
Getting real help for the mentally ill, the sick and the poor is just not important.

You know it..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:611646
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.