Agnostic.com

6 2

What's the difference between a toy and a collectible?

You don't put the batteries in a collectible....

Paul4747 8 July 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm all Magic the Gathering... No batteries either way.

Don't murder anyone with it, then it won't be a toy or a collectible, it'll be evidence.

Lucky it's plastic then! Heavy heavy plastic... but plastic nonetheless.

(Bifrost and Mad Titan not included)

@Paul4747 then, it’s a CLUB, you dolt…JK…funny plaything, do you use it for Cosplay?

@MsKathleen Not so far, but it just arrived so maybe if I ever go to a Comic-con or something.

Nice

bobwjr Level 10 July 28, 2021

My understanding is that the collectible has to still be within the original packaging and never been opened. At least that is how they do it on "Big Bang Theory".

Never watched it & don't plan to.

@Paul4747 Your loss. But you are obviously a Medieval Times fan, instead.

@MsKathleen Ah, nope. That's Thor's new weapon Stormbreaker from Avengers: Infinity War. (If it could only make me look like Chris Hemsworth, I'd have it made.)

@Paul4747 huh? Me no speakable dat language.

@MsKathleen For me, it was totally worth the 18 films it took to get to that point in the series (beyond the fact that those films in & of themselves were great), but tastes vary. De gustibus non disputandum est.

@Paul4747 Ad disputandum non est disputandum.

A problem with predicting what will be collectible is that the value of toys is based on the whim of collectors. So, a toy that's valuable today may go out of favor tomorrow.

EBay 's guide to collecting gaming merchandise recommends looking at four factors: age, authenticity, rarity and condition [source: eBay ].

They have their definition, I have mine...

About $2000

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:612224
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.