Agnostic.com

6 12

Officer Michael Fanone received threatening, expletive-laced voicemail as he testified about Jan. 6.

Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone, who suffered a heart attack and traumatic brain injury after being violently assaulted Jan. 6, received a threatening, expletive-laced voicemail on his cellphone as he testified Tuesday about his experience during the Capitol riot.

“I could slap you up the side of your head with a backhand and knock you out, you little f-----,” the caller said in his message, which Fanone shared on CNN.

"I wish they would have killed all you scumbags, 'cause you people are scum," the man, who used homophobic and racist slurs in his message, continued after repeating former President Donald Trump’s false claim that the presidential election was stolen.

“They stole the election from Trump and you know that, you scumbag. And f---ing too bad they didn't beat the s--- out of you more,” the caller said.

CNN aired the voicemail uncensored several times since Fanone received it.

“Unfortunately, I’ve come to expect this type of response,” he told CNN’s Don Lemon about the message. “It’s not the first time that people have expressed similar opinions to me. ... There is an element in this country that believes that.”

Fanone was among four officers who testified Tuesday at the first hearing of the House select committee investigating Jan. 6. He told the lawmakers on the panel that he was at risk of getting killed with his own firearm by the mob participating in the riot.

"I was grabbed, beaten, tased, all while being called a traitor to my country," he said in his opening statement.

Rioters dragged him into the crowd, grabbed his badge and ammunition and beat him with the metal objects and their fists, he said.

“I was electrocuted again and again and again with a taser," he said.

During the hearing, Fanone and other officers asked lawmakers to look into the events leading up to the riot and whether those in power played any role in provoking the attack.

"It's interesting from a law enforcement perspective, as a police officer — a lot of these events happened in plain sight. We had violent political rhetoric," he said.

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 July 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The FBI has done an efficient job of arresting over 500 of the Jan 6 Capitol rioters...charging them and even sentencing them

I hope these testimonies does something concrete to the Congressmen and Senators who blindly and ignorantly went against our laws and supported the incorrect rantings of our former POTUS.

I hope this "comes to a head" soon...because I'm tired of hearing about it happening.....and very little being done about the main instigators of the event.

Try that kind of crap in any other country and find out what you're gonna get!

There is a reckoning coming, and it's not going to be pleasant for anyone.

In the immortal words of Han Solo, I have a bad feeling about this.

All those rioters should be jailed, every one of them.

Nonsense of this type is seriously dangerous. The Trumpers are nutters. If they think the election was stolen let them produce the evidence. There is none! They also have to wonder why Donald Trump left the White House if he really won. Nobody threatened him. Oh, I get it now. Trump only realized after the fact that he really did win. The man is as dumb as his supporters. Got any evidence, Donald?

The scum bags of Trump are way more dangerous than people think. Lock up all of Trumps flunkys.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:612430
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.