Agnostic.com

8 4

If a woman that's been in a shitty marriage for waaaayyyy too long and has been neglected takes a shine to you: You're in for a wild ride. A helmet is advised. Prepare to learn some things.

onthefire 7 Aug 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wouldn't know. My only LTR was a long and happy marriage to my late wife. It was great until she got dementia and later died from it. If not for that, I would still be married and happy, instead of dealing with the bullshit and baggage of all the divorced women who make up most of my local dating pool on Match. I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions, but I know little about them as they seem to have rigid, narrow standards which cause them to seldom choose me for potential dating and reply to my messages. Most of the women I have connected with from online dating seem to have lots of baggage and unrealistic standards, so I can only guess that most of them have never gotten any therapy after their divorces, only things like divorce groups or church courses on divorce, etc. Nothing that was professionally run by a licensed therapist or any kind of intensive individual therapy. So maybe that's why I never got the pleasure of being spoiled and adored by a grateful divorced woman, except for my late wife, who had two shitty marriages before me.

Maybe she did so because she was a transplant to my backward state, was a fellow non-believer, and didn't have all the usual brainwashing of most women raised in the Midwest,, just a thought, Canndue, in case you are watching......

“Prepare to learn some things”? Like how not to be a selfish bastard? Like how to respectfully treat a woman? Like how to carry your share of the load? Like how to not be a selfish lover? Shall I go on?

Might be more along the lines of learning how to accept attention freely given, gushing from someone who had been forced or cajoled into giving attention in an abusive marriage. Freely given affectionate attention in abundance could likely be something new for some men to have to learn how to process, especially if both parties are getting out of a bad marriage, where affection was not freely given or genuine. The rebound may not last forever, but can sure be an unloading of a lot of pent up desires, even if given while under false pretenses. Ignorance can be bliss for a while.

All I'm saying is that I was the lucky bastard that she felt safe to vent some frustration on. I learned tons about the both of us. We knew that we wouldn't work out in the long ron, but we had lots of mutual fun. She was/still is one of my favorite humans long before any of the fun stuff happened.

My late partner was i a shitty marriage for 25 years. Yes, she desperately wanted something new and better but there was still that lack of knowledge of how real relationships should work (it was her first and only relationship). It took a while for her to realize her past relationship was not normal and definitely not loving. I suspect that if a person (male or female) have had a couple of bad relationships it''s harder for them to step out of that frame of mind.

All the women I know have been in shitty marriages.

Very few are not/have not been.

How about 2 shitty marriages and one common law marriage? I am a caring and loving partner and my newest male friend appreciates the support I give him when he's bedside with his comatose friend and law enforcement partner, caring for his aging mother and rescuing abandoned and abused animals. I feel like he sees who I am as a person. not just a sexual partner. This is a first for me. It feels good.

Absolutely been there it's amazing

So true. I gave the first man I dated after my long, shitty marriage some much appreciated attention!

The first guy I dated after escaping my marriage years ago was a very lucky man. Not sure he learned anything, but he was sure lucky!

Very lucky guy

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:613680
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.