Agnostic.com

7 10

LINK Conservatives Whitewashing MLK’s Legacy - YouTube

It's almost like a Christian picking an choosing the parts of the Bible they want to put forth the way the right wing uses the words of Dr. MLK.

redbai 8 Aug 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think people should actually research what blacks have had to go through in the history of the USA. I tried to do this and take the approach of “ How would I feel if I were black and this was done to my race”. We try to minimize every part about racism but what was done was truly horrific and if I were black I would be angry too 160 years later

I wonder what left-wing Christians' views are on this. It would appear that in America, it is assumed that Christians are right-wing by default. In the UK, it's often the other way around.

Ryo1 Level 8 Aug 6, 2021

They will always do this. I once worked with a woman who asked me what I would do if I woke up one day and god had turned me black. These days I do not understand the question. First you have to believe there is a god that is "turning people" into one color or another. For what reason? The religious claim they can tell you where the black man came from and they even have sermons on that subject. Yes, god put a mark of protection on Cain (turned him black) and people have been trying to kill him ever since. This must have been ingrained in those who went to Sunday School.

I mean he dabbled in plagarism.

Tejas Level 8 Aug 5, 2021

I'm sure you think you made a point besides you being a racist but I doubt it.

@redbai if pointing out facts makes me a racist, then so be it

@Tejas Cool, then we're in agreement. You're a racist.

@redbai and you're delusional

@Tejas Oh no! The racist believes I'm delusion, as if I should give a fuck. 😂 🤣

@redbai oh no! A delusional person believes I'm racist, as if I should give a fuck.

@Tejas There's that grade school response that I expected.

@redbai look in the mirror

@Tejas Any other grade schools insults come to mind? It appears to be the extent of your responses.

@redbai how about the good Ole "I know you are but what am I"? Or a classic mom joke?

@Tejas It appears to be all you have and fits into your usual MO.

@redbai why don't you keep crying about it

@Tejas I'd have to start crying before I could keep doing so. Is that what you think is happening, that I'm crying about your juvenile attacks? Oh wait, that's right. You're a racist, delusional is the default.

@redbai you're letting your insecurities show

@Tejas You're demonstrating you don't know what the word 'insecurities' means. LOL!

Just as the most vocal homophobic is probably a closet homosexual - people who talk about race all the time are probably racist.

Morgan Freeman takes an actual non-racist approach:

Mvtt Level 7 Aug 5, 2021

Utterly simplistic and wrong. As much as Freeman is admirable, and as much as his example of career sets a positive example for some to emulate, that example alone does not end racism. Neither did the likes of entertainers like Nat King Cole or Ella Fitzgerald resolve racial injustice in the pre-civil rights era. Of course it didn't.

Actually, NOT talking about racism excuses the comfortable majority to go on pretending there isn't anything that needs changing. People like Freeman, who enjoy high profile success, have some luxury of choosing to "Speek" against racist prejudice by simply being an example of success and of integrity in how they live. That example alone provides some mild rebuke to the racist notion that Blacks are inferior and incapable of being successful. But it is not the whole solution. They may also choose to use their platform to speak out against discrimination more directly, as many have. People without such high profile positions, when faced with discrimination, don't enjoy the same options.

As for racists, many are quite vocal. Others sneak around with sheets on their heads, burning and lynching people at night while carefully avoiding accountability by remaining anonymous.

What simplistic pap. A video demonstrating that a person can sound great when someone else is putting words in their mouth (i.e. acting) and fail miserably at doing so in reality. What other social issue has been resolved by simply not talking about it?

Just think! People being People, WHAT A CONCEPT!

Sounds about white....

🤦♀️
They just don't quit.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:613828
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.