Agnostic.com

8 7

LINK How They Caught Serial Killer Ed Gein - YouTube

One of the worst serial killers was strongly influenced by a warped and strict religious upbringing.

snytiger6 9 Aug 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, well, inspiration for Norman Bates.

"Psycho" was inspired by the story of Ed Gein. It was also the inspiration for "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "The Silence of the Lambs".

isnt wearing a vagina inside-out the same as going face deep into one?

No wonder the father turned to the bottle.

He seems nice!?! 👀

Yes…..he’s a fairy nice boy!!

Oh Ed, you little rascal.

Mvtt Level 7 Aug 5, 2021

Per Wikipedia (because the video doesn't actually go into it)

On the morning of November 16, 1957, Plainfield hardware store owner Bernice Worden disappeared. A Plainfield resident reported that the hardware store's truck had been driven out from the rear of the building at around 9:30 a.m. The hardware store saw few customers the entire day; some area residents believed this was because of deer hunting season. Bernice Worden's son, Deputy Sheriff Frank Worden, entered the store around 5:00 p.m. to find the store's cash register open and blood stains on the floor.

Frank Worden told investigators that on the evening before his mother's disappearance, Gein had been in the store, and that he was to have returned the next morning for a gallon of antifreeze. A sales slip for a gallon of antifreeze was the last receipt written by Worden on the morning she disappeared.[20] On the evening of the same day, Gein was arrested at a West Plainfield[a] grocery store, and the Waushara County Sheriff's Department searched the Gein farm.

I remember this story well. I was in Jr. High School when Ed Gein was caught. His crimes were tragic and ghoulish beyond imagination. As you might imagine, the Ed Gein jokes were running rampant at my school.
It has been said that his crimes were the inspiration for some horror movies, most notably the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "Psycho".

Also, it inspired the booki "Silence of the Lambs", which, of course, was also made into a movie.

I remember which watching the movie, I found it hard to believe that a man would make a "woman suit" out of human skin, but evidently that is exactly what Gein did. It's one of those cases where truth is stranger than fiction.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:614002
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.