Agnostic.com

8 12

The Evidence for Jesus Is Worse than You Think

JJ-Baltazar 6 Aug 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good video. Thanks

twill Level 7 Aug 18, 2021

Well argued, well researched, well thought.

Excellent.

Probably Richard Carrier is one of the foremost authorities on the historicity of Jesus. There are plenty of U Tube videos of him talking on the subject. If I recall he reckons that there is a 50/50 chance that he actually existed.

Could i ask if you have any actual hobbies or fun interests, or do you spend your day involved with this stuff?

Anne, after all, you are a level 9, so you're way up the Agnostic ladder. Furthermore, the principal top poster is JJ, a 5, and I'm a 7. So your comment is hypocritical.

Many people, including myself, get a sense of enjoyment from this site. An outlet to express, create and deal with a world spinning out of control. It is easy to attack, criticize others personally, and a cheap shot for all the effort JJ put into the video.

If you're joking, it comes off as shallow and mean-spirited. So why don't you try adding something of value instead of making demeaning comments?

P.S. Don't be mad at me.

@Tourirst you spend a lot of time worrying about others' supposed status, in my entire time on here no one has even come close.
As If dropping in 20-25 minutes 2-3 times a day while catching my breath (I have Congestive Heart Failure & still attempt to singlehandedly care for my large yard & home), is some big deal.
As opposed to, what, writing reams of drivel about non-existent stuff? Try to picture the Easter Bunny featured in the above piece, vs.Jeebus & get my drift?!?
Or you spending time worrying about my /your/anybody's "standing"? I put my pants on one leg at a time.....always have.

@AnneWimsey That has nothing to do with you making rude comments about others. Have a nice day.

@JJ-Baltazar what a lovely & reasonable reply! Thanks!
I actually posted my original remark because we do have a couple of "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin" people on here IMO totally wasting their lives, and that's a shame!

@JJ-Baltazar all power to ya!

I read somewhere if not included on this video, as I have not watched it all yet. But, 1200 years before Jesus, the day's Breaking News was how an Egyptian God came back to life after 3 days in his Egyptian Sarcophagus. Fast forward 1200 years later, they Cut & Paste the story from Egypt and made it into Jesus. Same old news but re-Branded.

Since it's all a God-Fraud story, my favourite guy in the sky is Santa Clause as he is fun, jolly and I get presents. Jesus is a drag by dragging that cross all over the place and wearing a crown of thorns. What kind of dinner guest is Jesus going to be like? Talking up to his Dad how he's better than your Dad and he runs the universe. Your dad is a slave. Hard to compete. Uncool. Santa is fun! Yup, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?

Jesus isn't exactly "re-branded". Jesus was Egyptian.

The LORD Almighty will bless them, saying, “Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance.” Isaiah 19:25

The Bible is just The National Enquirer back in the day. Filled with whatever they want to sell you.

Since I've always believed there was none, certainly no primary source evidence, I can't say that's true of me.

Nice video. This man has really done his homework. What he presents here is exactly why I am not a Christian today and could never be one again. Close to the end I caught a glimpse of Marjoe Gortner around 16:04. It was momentary. Marjoe starred in the expose' film with his name that came out around 1970.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:616568
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.