Agnostic.com

10 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If they embraced all forms of humanity as their Jesus did, it could be a very good thing for them, but, Noooooooooo........

Yeah. Most religions define themselves by who they hate or don't like. They are soooo judgemental... even though Jesus supposedly said not to judge at all.

Of course.

Any progress that shows christians it's actually OK to be yourself, rather than be someone you feel uncomfortable with because some grumpy old bastard in the church tells you to, is going to be bad for christianity.

You see - LGBTQ respect has positive effects even for those who don't happen to be LGBTQ.

Well fuck them. Eh?

Anything that Christians consider bad for Christianity is probably good for society in general.

The essence of Christianity (and the other Abrahamic religions) is oppression, whether it's other religions, Women, non-whites, scientists or LBGT. As society grasps the cruelty and falsity of Christian doctrines, people at large see that dogma relies on primitive values. The yoke of paternalistic patriarchy has been rejected, and very few will put it back on. The morality that has evolved is patently more moral, charitable and honorable than Christianity, and only idiots would dispute that.

Of course they do. It just exposes to light the stupidity of their rigid beliefs.

not that there's anything wrong with that.

I disagree.

I'm ok with anything that is bad for Christianity.

I love that Seinfeld episode.

You bring up a very good point about wasted research time.

Their brand is dying anyway……..so who gives a rats dick what they think.

I do not care what they think, but do not believe their brand is dying.

I'm going to steal that expression. Thanks.

I'm sure the evangelicals hate any diversity progress: outlaw gays; outlaw women's contraception and abortion; keep divorce difficult, as in states like Oklahoma; allow racial and ethnic profiling; in general fuck over everyone that is different from a heterosexual, White, born in the US man of European heritage.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:616703
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.