Agnostic.com

3 5

Today I was parked behind my insurance lady's car when a woman in a brand new truck backed into me. I'm guessing the damage to her new truck might be close to $5000. Her full coverage will have a field day. I only have liability on my 2004 Monte Carlo and I was setting in my insurance lady's office when we both witnessed this in a private parking lot. Many pictures were taken and phone calls made, etc. No striping or lines painted to define parking areas. The woman who backed into my car was visiting the woman next door and that woman came out and told me I could not park there like that because it was illegal. I guess they both feel better with that idea and this would explain so many pictures of my mildly damaged car.

Now let me recap this. You drive into a private parking lot where there are 2 businesses and you should plainly see one car next door parked behind another car. When you have finished your business you get into your brand new truck perfectly able to see these same 2 cars again as you are leaving. You back the truck into one of the cars and assume it was all the car owners fault for parking there. That just about covers it. 🙂

DenoPenno 9 Aug 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, I feel your pain. I parked my first brand-new car in over 35 years, 4 months new, along a curb cutout so my uses-a-walker friend could exit easily, as I walked her to the door of her assisted-living facility, a woman backed her tiny truck out, straight across the 45+ foot wide road, into my rear quarter panel/bumper. Apparently her steering wheel didn't work/turn?
I stepped in front of her as she attempted to flee. She explained there was "no damage", which I could see & hear as it happened. $1500 worth of damage & the "bloom" off my shiny new toy! 😟( 😟( 😟(

that sucked

And then you get ripped off by the insurance. Months after I got my Blazer, some a-hole drove right into the front bumper at a gas station. He was busy looking around. As I got out to inspect the damage, he hurriedly took off as a straight up hit-and-run. RRRRRRRR

love to hear the outcome on this, best of luck

The outcome should be that I receive money. Her insurance should also fix her new truck. There is no way that I am responsible in any way for parking in a wrong place. What wrong place?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:618579
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.