Agnostic.com

5 6

We eat with our eyes, too.

"Is it okay that the watermelon is yellow?" a woman asked yesterday at the farmer's market. "It's delicious."

"I've never had yellow watermelon," I replied. "I'll try it."

It tastes bland and insipid. Looks like pineapple. The color is off-putting.

Hate to waste food.

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Add blueberries, raspberries and yoghurt and then have it for breakfast. 😋

I don't see that as appealing, but I could add it to other foods. I used to make refrigerator oatmeal, adding pureed fruits to oatmeal and chia seeds, mixing it in a jar or bowl and letting it sit in the fridge at least over night. I would use the yellow watermelon that way, the color and flavor would be camouflaged, and you'd get the health benefits.

Yeah, I'm not eating that with my mouth...

There are lots of different yellow watermelons, just like with red. Some are great, some bland. Some almost chartreuse, some almost orange. Also, even good varieties can have bad years, and so on. I usually try to grow some of each, and try different varieties each year. A plate full of red and yellow slices can be very appealing.

skado Level 9 Aug 29, 2021

Yellow meated watermelon is just as sweet as the red here in Oklahoma.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:619111
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.